Russia invades Ukraine

XdUTvr2.jpeg

Your friends are not evidence because a) real evidence is there in plain sight, with everybody that has been sentenced to grave prison sentences for simply expressing their opinions and b) just because they have not been personally overtly persecuted does not mean others have not (see point A).

Not evidence, but when you talk /text people you get a feeling. If after many years in Dubai the suppression back home were significant I would have understand something without them need to say anything.

And this feedback is a very real "document" because the source is direct. Not absolute but definitely should be in the mix before drawing conclusions for a place we've never been.

Not evidence, but when you talk /text people you get a feeling. If after many years in Dubai the suppression back home were significant I would have understand something without them need to say anything.

And this feedback is a very real "document" because the source is direct. Not absolute but definitely should be in the mix before drawing conclusions for a place we've never been.
It's should be so low in the mix that the fader is right down in the bottom, because what's on that channel doesn't add anything of substance at all. Facts are undeniable. People get sent to jail for any hint of criticism. People turn eachother in.

So, is the fact that I know several people from Russia who have fled this country and do not want/plan to ever return sufficient proof that you are wrong? Especially after the aggression in Ukraine began, several people I knew from Russia asked for a quick transfer to other countries for fear of being drafted into the army against their will. And I've been to Russia several times, etc. I also have some first-hand opinion on the veracity of these fears.

Back