Russia invades Ukraine

On Netflix (in the US) there is a documentary called Winter on Fire about the 2014 Maidan revolution ... very interesting and informative to current events. I am sure that was covered much more extensively at the time in Europe versus the US (where it was covered, but not much).

On Netflix (in the US) there is a documentary called Winter on Fire about the 2014 Maidan revolution ... very interesting and informative to current events. I am sure that was covered much more extensively at the time in Europe versus the US (where it was covered, but not much).

Euromaidan was a huge topic here back then. It was easily the dominating story at the time and also the first time I and many other people in Germany noticed that there was Russian infiltration of social media and certain political parties. There was also a lot of solidarity with Ukrainians at the time and the Timoshenko hairstyle became rather popular then too.

Russia is sending officials to DC, will land 5 hours or so. The sanctions are putting huge pressure on the regime and Russia is going to try bargain behind closed doors.

Russia is sending officials to DC, will land 5 hours or so. The sanctions are putting huge pressure on the regime and Russia is going to try bargain behind closed doors.
Anything short of Ukrainian borders (as of 1991) being Russian military free should be a non-starter

Anything short of Ukrainian borders (as of 1991) being Russian military free should be a non-starter
Looks like it was the plane used to deport russian spies (including their UN ambassador). Speculations were a bit preemptive on my part.

Before saying ANYTHING on this subject, you'd better find out EVERYTHING you can find on it, not just propaganda.
Like this for instance
or this

I bet none of you knows about such cases of the Ukraine killing its people who did not want to be part of it.
No need to remind of Kosovo I hope. Or Yugoslavia. Or Iraq. Or Libya.
Why have you kept silent all those 8 (!!!!!) years the Ukraine has been bombarding the civilians in Donbass? Where was your anger? Or the lives of Donbass mean nothing to you? Are you fascists rating people by their blood? Is Donbass inhabited by 'mudbloods' that it shouldn't (in YOUR view) receive any help from those who can give it?
Or you will say you know NOTHING about NATO, its goals in moving eastwards?
POT CALLING THE CATTLE BLACK.
Or you know too little and thus have no moral right to judge before studying the subject thoroughly and not listening to propaganda.

Last edited:
NATO didn't move eastwards. Countries of Eastern Europe applied for membership. Because they didn't trust Moscow to leave them alone.

The "military operation" currently taking place in Ukraine shows they were right.

Moscow believes it has the right to a "sphere of influence" that at least stretches to what used to be the borders of the Soviet Union. Poland, Czechia, and others didn't want to be part of that sphere of influence.

Should the West just have told these countries "fuck off, we don't want to deal with you, you're in the Russian sphere of influence"?

Last edited:

Ukraine most definitely isn't perfect at how it handled the separatist areas from 2014 onwards. However, there's absolutely no justification for Russia to illegally annex those areas with armed forces, let alone this full-fledged, brutal invasion and all those lies and deceit.

NATO never forced these countries to join. They wanted it, due to possibility of Russia's threats and aggression. Can't blame them. NATO most definitely does not threaten Russia or plan any kind of invasion there. Russia could, for a change, show to these countries that they shouldn't be afraid, instead of blaming them for seeking protection from a defensive alliance.

Before saying ANYTHING on this subject, you'd better find out EVERYTHING you can find on it, not just propaganda.
Like this for instance
or this

I bet none of you knows about such cases of the Ukraine killing its people who did not want to be part of it.
Why have you kept silent all those 8 (!!!!!) years the Ukraine has been bombarding the civilians in Donbass? Where was your anger? Or the lives of Donbass mean nothing to you? Are you fascists rating people by their blood? Is Donbass inhabited by 'mudbloods' that it shouldn't (in YOUR view) receive any help from those who can give it?
Or you know too little and thus have no moral right to judge before studying the subject thoroughly and not listening to propaganda.
I know enough and you are supporting a lunatic and a criminal. Face it.

Like this for instance
or this

I would say the pot is racist for calling the cattle black.

I went to this store today near Dallas (Ukrainian-American owned)

Bought some things, have a Ukrainian flag flying outside my house (they are donating 100% of profits for relief efforts) and made a cash donation.

Very nice people and waves of people coming in donating money, first aid kits (which are being boxed up and shipped to Poland) and they are arranging protests in and around Dallas

As a suggestion for Americans here, there are Ukrainian stores across the country and many of them are helping. Patronize them and offer help.

Visa and Mastercard remove themselves from the Russian market.

Probably one of the biggest blows so far.

Reactions: Yax
Apparently Tony Blinken from the US is now leading talks on turning off the oil/gas taps.

Back