RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

My guesswork from the first 9 albums for next year's set list:

IM - Phantom and Iron Maiden seem guaranteed. I think Prowler has an outside chance.
Killers - I can see Wrathchild coming back. Overplayed early 2000s but absent since 2016-17.
NOTB - the usual three with Hallowed making a star return
POM - Trooper and maybe Boots or Revelations
PW - 11:58 returns. I'm confident Aces High will be ignored (overplayed now in 99, 08-09, 12-14, 18-22). Mariner could be back!
SIT - nothing
SSOSS - Clairvoyant, maybe Evil and very very outside chance of a rarity
NPFTD - Daughter for sure, maybe Tailgunner.
FOTD - title track aside, I can't see Be Quick..., too hard for nicko and bruce. Maybe Afraid... again.

I also don't want to hear Aces High. Happy to be left with my memories of the Spitfire, not of struggling Bruce and Nicko.
Good summary, but I don't completely agree (especially for 83, 88, 90 and 92).

Be Quick too hard for Bruce? It's a fast singing, but still.

In one of his solo interviews from last year, Bruce was asked which Maiden songs he loves to sing live and his answer was: Stranger In A Strange Land, Hallowed, Sign Of The Cross, Seventh Son and Moonchild. We know he's now in charge of the setlists.
The more I think of it, the more I think Icarus might be played again.
I think Boots as a 2nd POM song also has a chance, oddly enough. The collab with West Ham.
Out of all the big classic singles & hits of the 1982-1984 era, I think Icarus is among the ones they can do most justice now and make it sound absolutely majestic. It's not that The Trooper or Run to the Hills sound or would sound bad now, as I'm rather confident that they'll be good live pieces next year as well, but there's no denying that their best performances with the current line-up are probably long behind. I think Flight of Icarus, however, would still sound very fresh and powerful.
Agreed. A real anthem. How they can top it in terms of a backdrop/prop? One with a lot of details and/or effects from big screen/screens...
I definitely seeing Killers returning to the setlist. It’s about time they brought it back. Besides it’s on the tour art itself. Powerslave & Ancient Mariner for sure.
Killers is long overdue, but I'm not sure because of the drumming. And Wrathchild is more popular, plus I doubt they would play more than 1 song from the album. Nicko recently called Powerslave one of his hardest songs to play, so.

The collab with West Ham was a hint towards the London Stadium gig. I'm sure about that.
And/or because Steve's favorite team is West Ham. Idk why, but I feel some of the 80's songs that were omitted during the previous History tours have a chance - Boots, Killers, Infinite Dreams, Icarus, Land, Still Life, 22AA. Two or three of these songs are possible.
hopefully Only the good die Young.
Only The Good Die Young is such a perfect live song and a real gem. I'd like to hear it. It would work in any set position, it's fast and the chorus can have crowd participation. Plus the outro is great for concerts (especially if they play Moonchild). There's hope since Steve has said it's a song he wants to play live. And it's not as tough as Long Distance Runner.

Only The Good Die Young is such a perfect live song and a real gem. I'd like to hear it. It would work in any set position, it's fast and the chorus can have crowd participation. Plus the outro is great for concerts (especially if they play Moonchild). There's hope since Steve has said it's a song he wants to play live. And it's not as tough as Long Distance Runner.
How Only the Good Die Young got omitted even in the original 7th Tour is beyond me. It screams the need to be played live. While I do love The Prophecy, I get why it was passed over. OTGDY I will never understand, and I hope they rectify it on this tour.

I'm skeptical about To Tame A Land. It's a very challenging song to play on bass - arguably the toughest in their entire catalogue. There are a few difficult songs that seem to be more likely (Phantom, Rime, perhaps Killers or Infinite Dreams). I'm not sure if Harris would want to devote so much strength and energy to that relatively obscure song.

...I bet that Bruce has now enough power...
That's a fact. Bruce is the deciding vote. There is apparently a band voting system before each tour to pick the shortlisted songs for the tour. In case of a draw Bruce is now the deciding vote (happened during TFP preparations).

I'd say Rime, Alex and Seventh Son all have a better chance of being in the set next year than To Tame A Land.

I am too... but mostly because this song is so "singer-unfriendly" that I bet that Bruce has now enough power to flat out refuse to sing it (which is a pity because music-wise, I love it).
Agreed about the lyrics(!) and vocals of Land, and Bruce has the final say now, but every song Nicko has played recently with his solo band has a chance. Plus it's one of the few 80's deep cuts. Ofc they need to drop one of Hallowed, Alexander, or potentially Seventh Son to make it happen. Hallowed is not easier song to sing, the very high vocals in Land are only in the middle part.
I'm skeptical about To Tame A Land. It's a very challenging song to play on bass - arguably the toughest in their entire catalogue. There are a few difficult songs that seem to be more likely (Phantom, Rime, perhaps Killers or Infinite Dreams). I'm not sure if Harris would want to devote so much strength and energy to that relatively obscure song.
Obscure song? Isn't Land one of the most wanted deep cuts? I'm not sure if Steve would be against it because it's hard to play, he recently said he likes a challenge and back in 1983 called the song the best he has written so far. I think it's because of Bruce and because of the lyrics.
How Only the Good Die Young got omitted even in the original 7th Tour is beyond me.
I guess they didn't want to play almost the entire album live - which would have been fitting.

Last edited:
Parchement and Celts.

But Bruce wanted "The Parchment" in the set. Why don't they play it then?

Interview Bruce Dickinson (BD)

Deaf Forever (DF) 03/2024

Remark: I only translated parts with new info but included the "Sonata" part because he here for the first time mentions just "a friend".

My translation
DF: Your last solo album, "Tyranny Of Souls", was also strong - but weaker than the two outstanding predecessors. At least it doesn't have the same long-term effect.

BD: "I think that too. "The Mandrake Project" is the better album."

DF: I can't find a weak song on it.

BD: "Great, then we'll stop the interview here, and I can go home! (laughs)"

DF: I'm completely serious. An album full of hits! My current favorite is "Rain On The Graves".

"Ah, interesting. That just happens to be the new single. We're recording a video for it."

If this was a Maiden single, it would be the strongest in 20 years!

"I think I know what you mean by that, but my solo stuff is not a Maiden song.
They're two different ball games. Solo I take the reins, whereas with Maiden, I have to deal with Eddie, Rod Smallwood and Steve Harris.
(laughs). And Steve does things the way we know how. 60, 70 percent of Maiden is always down to him.

Sure, all Maiden fans know that. And especially the last two albums have been well received by almost everyone, "Senjutsu"
even better than "Book Of Souls".

"Yes, "Senjutsu" is slightly ahead, for me too. The sound is better. "Writing On The Wall" was a good single in my opinion, and "Hell On Earth" works wonderfully, especially live. I would also like to include "The Parchment" in the live set, but unfortunately that won't happen. Yes, "Senjutsu" is a strong album album - but different from "The Mandrake Project"."

To me, "I would also like to include "The Parchment" in the live set, but unfortunately that won't happen." (quote from his interview above)
always sounded as if someone else had made the final decision although Bruce would have liked to sing it.

Back