RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Yep, but I have never been that interested in the Maiden fan pilgrimage visiting the venues they played at in the early days.
I would like to have done that, would be pretty cool. When I visited a friend in Ft. Lauderdale I had to make the pilgrimage to Rock N Roll Ribs. Food was pretty tasty surprisingly and there was lots of Maiden memorabilia to look at.

I would like to have done that, would be pretty cool. When I visited a friend in Ft. Lauderdale I had to make the pilgrimage to Rock N Roll Ribs. Food was pretty tasty surprisingly and there was lots of Maiden memorabilia to look at.
RNRR have the best ribs I've ever tasted and great service. Love that place.

My guesswork from the first 9 albums for next year's set list:

IM - Phantom and Iron Maiden seem guaranteed. I think Prowler has an outside chance.
Killers - I can see Wrathchild coming back. Overplayed early 2000s but absent since 2016-17.
NOTB - the usual three with Hallowed making a star return
POM - Trooper and maybe Boots or Revelations
PW - 11:58 returns. I'm confident Aces High will be ignored (overplayed now in 99, 08-09, 12-14, 18-22). Mariner could be back!
SIT - nothing
SSOSS - Clairvoyant, maybe Evil and very very outside chance of a rarity
NPFTD - Daughter for sure, maybe Tailgunner.
FOTD - title track aside, I can't see Be Quick..., too hard for nicko and bruce. Maybe Afraid... again.

I also don't want to hear Aces High. Happy to be left with my memories of the Spitfire, not of struggling Bruce and Nicko.

IM - Phantom and Iron Maiden seem guaranteed. I think Prowler has an outside chance.
Killers - I can see Wrathchild coming back. Overplayed early 2000s but absent since 2016-17.
PW - 11:58 returns. I'm confident Aces High will be ignored (overplayed now in 99, 08-09, 12-14, 18-22). Mariner could be back!
SIT - nothing
FOTD - title track aside, I can't see Be Quick..., too hard for nicko and bruce. Maybe Afraid... again.

I also don't want to hear Aces High. Happy to be left with my memories of the Spitfire, not of struggling Bruce and Nicko.
The more I think of it, the more I think Icarus might be played again.

The more I think of it, the more I think Icarus might be played again.

I certainly hope so! A shame if after all those decades it was only brought back for a one tour, albeit an extensive one. Out of all the big classic singles & hits of the 1982-1984 era, I think Icarus is among the ones they can do most justice now and make it sound absolutely majestic. It's not that The Trooper or Run to the Hills sound or would sound bad now, as I'm rather confident that they'll be good live pieces next year as well, but there's no denying that their best performances with the current line-up are probably long behind. I think Flight of Icarus, however, would still sound very fresh and powerful.

I certainly hope so! A shame if after all those decades it was only brought back for a one tour, albeit an extensive one. Out of all the big classic singles & hits of the 1982-1984 era, I think Icarus is among the ones they can do most justice now and make it sound absolutely majestic. It's not that The Trooper or Run to the Hills sound or would sound bad now, as I'm rather confident that they'll be good live pieces next year as well, but there's no denying that their best performances with the current line-up are probably long behind. I think Flight of Icarus, however, would still sound very fresh and powerful.
Every so often I watch the Athens bootleg video clip from 2002 just to hear Bruce in his prime singing it. Imagine if they had done it at Rock in Rio 2001. It would have gone down a storm and probably been regarded as an iconic performance. Shame the stubbornness of some members probably got on the way.

I attended 2022 show at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw which has absolutely fatal reputation in terms of acoustics, I was on the highest tier and (must admit) the sound was listentable. Many top artists had really big problems with sound, Maiden show was not that bad for hearing at all. "Pooch" Van Druten is a top PA FOH engineer.

Maybe Steve likes this football club? (not as much as West Ham of course)

But it's true: I was in Gelsenkirchen at the AC/DC show. I am admittedly more a casual AC/DC fan but normally I know and recognise their songs. At times I found that difficult at this show.

Icarus in the Top 10 is great. Not to mention Wasting Love. One of my most desired deep cuts. The rest are the usual classics.
I thought everybody disliked this song. For me, it's just one of their worst songs ever, along with Bring your Daughter, Hooks in You and the well named Darkest Hour.

SIT - nothing

I definitely seeing Killers returning to the setlist. It’s about time they brought it back. Besides it’s on the tour art itself. Powerslave & Ancient Mariner for sure. Probably just wasted years from SIT. Moonchild, Evil & Seventh son. Daughter & tailgunner maybe from NPFTD. Afraid to shoot & Fear from FOTD. They do be quick & I sense Nicko getting a heart attack & collapsing on the spot.

Imagine if they had done it at Rock in Rio 2001. It would have gone down a storm and probably been regarded as an iconic performance. Shame the stubbornness of some members probably got on the way.
True. Icarus is a quality classic and single. Regarding RIR 2001, If I had to change something - Out Of The Silent Plant in the set or a song from SIT.

Back