RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

It was Bruce's call. I'll leave it at that.
So he votes for it (the votes were tied), wants to play it probably even now for the 2nd leg, but still choose Celts? I mean, that's even more curious than why Alexander hasn't been played in so many years. Both songs are not difficult for him, one has fewer lyrics, the other is more live/singer-friendly, but still it's very odd. And Parchment is Nicko's favorite song from the album.

Come to think of it, since the Reunion we could have heard the following songs live (iirc): Parchment, Infinite Dreams, Prodigal Son, Sun And Steel, Sea Of Madness (wasn't there a rumor about it for the current tour?).

Poles prefer to buy concert tickets closer to the show's date. Some don't like the venue and choose other cities (Berlin, Prague, Bratislava). The stadium isn't known for the best acoustic in the world.
This. Super fans will buy tickets ASAP but casual fans will buy them closer to the show. In some companies you cannot take time off outside the year to which the leave relates, i.e. in 2024 you cannot take time off for 2025.

Re: Parchment vs. Celts, Bruce being the dealbreaker could also imply a scenario where he decided in favor of the one that wasn't his personal preference just as a simple act of goodwill, if Steve really wanted to play Celts. But I think he might've genuinely been swayed by which song is easier for him and potentially better in a live setting, even if the other choice was his "favorite" of the two.

Anyway, to tie this into the speculation over TTAL that started the whole conversation: I feel like Bruce quoting from the song occasionally on his speaking tour probably indicates they've considered bringing back at some point, but at the same time if it came down to it vs. another one of the 80s epics, he'd vote against it simply because he always used it as an example of nearly unsingable lyrics.

Realistically speaking, and paraphrasing what Bernie Tormé once said about "Bite the Bullet", "To Tame a Land" is what happens when the bass player writes the damn melody and lyrics.

It's not their only hard song to sing, but it's probably the hardest from the singer's point of view.

I think it is not so difficult to see that whether Celts or Parchment is easier to sing for Bruce is complety beside the point.
If these decisions had always been reasonable, based on what was the easiest option for Bruce, a lot of Maiden shows would have been totally different.

Nicko, Dave and Janick on team Parchment and Bruce, Steve and Adrian on team Celts? I'm only mostly sure about Nicko and Steve though.
Don't have any info on that. I just know that there was a tie and Bruce is the tiebreaker.

The voting probably happened when they decided not to play the whole album and there was no room for all 3 Harris epics. Hell On Earth picked itself and they voted between the remaining two.

Don't have any info on that. I just know that there was a tie and Bruce is the tiebreaker.

The voting probably happened when they decided not to play the whole album and there was no room for all 3 Harris epics. Hell On Earth picked itself and they voted between the remaining two.
Lost In A Lost World over there like:

Am_I_a_Joke_To_You%3F.jpg

:D

I'll just say this. Celts was picked because it allows more expressive singing, implying more dramatics vocal-wise and is less monotonous singing-wise than Parchement.

And my 50 cents... I'd say the fact that Parchement has a shitload of lyrics didn't help it's case.

Also I think if there was a Senjutsu tour instead of TFP, Celts, Parchement and Hell On Earth would all be performed.

Realistically speaking, and paraphrasing what Bernie Tormé once said about "Bite the Bullet", "To Tame a Land" is what happens when the bass player writes the damn melody and lyrics. It's not their only hard song to sing, but it's probably the hardest from the singer's point of view.
This is not a standard approach for Steve, we have to say. And Bruce has written (even now) difficult vocal parts to sing for himself. It's the lyrics, not so much the high singing. The other 80's epics are more popular, but now they can surely find a room for the song.
I think it is not so difficult to see that whether Celts or Parchment is easier to sing for Bruce is complety beside the point.
If these decisions had always been reasonable, based on what was the easiest option for Bruce, a lot of Maiden shows would have been totally different.
You have a point.
No, seriously, all of this doesn't add up. Why would Bruce word it in such a way. That he would like the song to be in the set, but “unfortunately” it won't be if was his decision that caused that.
This. But Bruce himself is the reason, as odd as it sounds. Most likely the amount of lyrics.
Nicko, Dave and Janick on team Parchment and Bruce, Steve and Adrian on team Celts? I'm only mostly sure about Nicko and Steve though.
Bruce said he wants to play Parchment live, but he also likes Celtic melodies, so it could be either way. Nicko and Janick definitely for Parchment. Janick had said in an interview that he likes the melodies of it, iirc. Steve definitely for Celts. Adrian, idk. Dave, it could be both. Maybe both for Celts.
I'll just say this. Celts was picked because it allows more expressive singing, implying more dramatics vocal-wise and is less monotonous singing-wise than Parchement. And my 50 cents... I'd say the fact that Parchement has a shitload of lyrics didn't help it's case.
Also I think if there was a Senjutsu tour instead of TFP, Celts, Parchement and Hell On Earth would all be performed.
The monotonous signing and tempo were probably the deciding factor. I also think, even if they didn't play the whole album live - that all 3 of the epics would have been played during a proper SJ tour over the course of 2 legs.

Huh. I genuinely adore QFF (its instrumental section is peak Maiden!) and TAATG is super fun, despite all the memes. LIALW is one of my favorites on Senjutsu, in large parts thanks to it being heavily reminiscent of TXF.
Agreed. The Maiden songs with a melancholic vibe/melodies/intros have something special in them. Lost In A Lost World, Fortunes Of War, Look For The Truth, to name a few. The true power of TXF! I'm sure Lost World would be a good and better live song. I think you can call every SJ song underrated.

Back