RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Again Be Quick or Be Dead?
I remember it was heavily rumoured in forums before the LotB tour without any concrete evidence (tour poster supposedly indicated it but it indicated lot of songs that didn't came to fruition). So why are people so sure it will happen this time?
Because it's the only one from the openers yet to return (excluding Tailgunner). And it's a popular 90's song. If they don't go for an unexpected opener, Moonchild, Prowler or Be Quick are the usual suspects, especially after LOTB tour.
I find this upcoming tour to be kind of unnecessary. I'm more excited about the current one (seeing them in Nov) because they ignored SiT for so long. They already did Legacy. If it's their last one, I get it. But what about the last 20 plus years? So many songs nobody has ever heard live.
I don't disagree entirely, but if they play a few 80's deep cuts plus at least 3 90's songs, then it won't be unnecessary.
If there is a back half album tour they will market it as such to the die hards so the casuals can choose to stay home.
And it will still be popular enough, plus at least 3 classics. And/or ofc along with a new album.
Do you all realize that "Wrathchild" hasn't been played since 2017 (longest gap ever, in 2025 the double of the previous one -2010-2014)? Do you know what it means? :D
Well, it's been played a lot and I don't want it because of that, but it's such a great live song and is expected. If they don't play the title track, I will definitely prefer Wrathchild. Short and easy song for Nicko. The set even could be 16 songs with it?
I'd much prefer Killers, but since that song is essentially almost a four-minute drum solo it's not gonna happen. They didn't play it in '05 anyway.
Hell, it was even dropped on the third leg of ME which is surprising since it's their "safest" song that has a tendency to appear as last-minute setlist filler like in '03, '05, '10 and '17. Possibly even '14, it's a little weird it essentially replaced Clairvoyant on the Seventh Son retrospective tour.
They didn't play some expected songs in 2005. Wrathchild replaced Clairvoyant in 2014 because it was played during the 1988 tour.
Put Die With Your Boots On back in (last played 2005), put No Prayer For The Dying back in (last played 1991) and put Wasting Love back in (last played 1993).
Outside those, I don’t have any desire for anything from the “classic” albums really, they’ve played all the good stuff to death. Alexander was the holy grail because it seemed there was no way in hell they’d ever do it. They can’t really compete with that now, what are they going to put in the set that would be as cool or rare as that? Nothing.
I have my doubts that Nicko can even get through the current tour, but that’s another story.
Wasting Love has a high chorus for Bruce, but maybe it has a chance.
There are still unplayed 80's songs. Maybe not as popular as Alexander (Land, Dreams?), but still. Songs not played on the ME and the 2005 tours are: Killers, Still Life, To Tame A Land, Icarus, Infinite Dreams, Boots (ME), 22.

Nicko is improving considering his playing now.
Well, I'd say Icarus returning next year also has quite a chance.
Quite easy on Nicko and 2nd most popular songs from Piece Of Mind. If they play it safe, I think those 2 will feature from that album.
Yeah, but I don't want Icarus again (wild to say that), I prefer Still Life now. And how they will top the flamethrower and the prop? With screens?
Let's list the songs that Nicko would be comfortable with:

Prowler
Remember
Phantom
Iron Maiden
Sanctuary (not sure about Running Free)
Wrathchild
Prodigal Son
The Number Of The Beast (I'm not sure about the rest)
Flight Of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
Trooper
Still Lfie
Sun And Steel
To Tame A Land (maybe)
2 Minutes
Rime
Moonchild
Evil That Men Do (since he plays Trooper)
Seventh Son
Clairvoyant
Only The Good Die Young
Tailgunner
No Prayer
Bring Your Daughter
From Here To Eternity
Afraid
Wasting Love
Fear Of The Dark

From the most likely ones.
All this talk of what will be easiest for Nicko is so depressing. Who wants an evening of plodding, simplified songs at a Maiden show?
I think the current tour shows that the set is not just plodding songs and he can still play fast. Don't worry. The 80's songs are faster anyway. Some of the songs will inevitably be simplified.

It has been said before but Wasting Love is in a prominent Spotify power ballads playlist, that's why it is ranked so highly. I don't really think it is suddenly a very well known Maiden song. By comparison, there are several FOTD songs that have higher stream counts on Apple Music since there is no playlist bump on that platform.

Anyone have idea, why Warsaw show hasn't been sold out? To me it has seemed Poles are pretty dedicated fans and during Future Past tour Bruce mentioned that the 2 Polish shows in Krakow were the best ones.

I knew about Wasting Love, but it kinda surprised me that Be Quick Or Be Dead is in the top 20 as well. Could that be explained by people who know Fear Of The Dark as a legendary metal song, see that an album is titled that and decide to listen to it, thus hearing the first song of the album?

Could that be explained by people who know Fear Of The Dark as a legendary metal song, see that an album is titled that and decide to listen to it, thus hearing the first song of the album?

Yeah the popular imagery & title of Fear of the Dark album might very well be a factor here. The song is also featured on a handful of compilations, so there's that too.

The guys are all getting old and possibly senile now. If I get the chance I shall tell Steve that the song Futureal was actually on the Powerslave album in 1984 and written by him and Bruce and therefore perfect for this tour.

Back