RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

This is really ambitious btw.

Stadium in London plus other UK/Ireland shows. Two shows in Norway, with neither being Oslo.

Good luck selling out these.
For what it's worth just anecdotally I know 4 or 5 people who haven't been to an Iron Maiden show before who have said this morning they feel like the London show is the one to go to at last.

The trondheim show is a festival, and i think a lot of people will go to stavanger. Iron Maiden are really big here in scandinavia
Trondheim is a one day festival. It's basically a Maiden show marketed as a festival show.

I know Maiden are big here, but it's gonna take something special to sell out these two. Trondheim is even on a Thursday.

Exactly. I think that Bring your daughter is a given, but two songs from it and from fear would be a huge surprise. I would love that but I think that band will choose in that place more hits from powerslave or number. However, due to Nicko health there may be a different scenario since he can be unable to play I.e run to the hills. Either way - that is exciting.
Agreed with both, this would be one of the biggest setlist surprises. The songs from FOTD will be 2, I feel. I really want the title track of No Prayer. Such a lost classic. They promise the setlist to be special, so I think we should expect 4-5 surprises (but how big), not just the usual hits. Idk how they will do it with the less room in the set.
I believe 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers' would have been more likely to be played if it hadn't been performed back in 2014. Without the 2014 performances it would have been the first time since 1998! Then again, they had two Blaze tracks for both LOTB setlist versions. So who knows..

Well, I guess it will be London Stadium for me, going with my wife and my daughter.

Regarding the focus of the tour, I would have preferred a career-spanning setlist also covering the reunion, but they have acknowledged most people prefer to hear their earlier material (that is definitely the case with 2/3 of my party! :lol: )

I think Rod and band know that making simple celebration tour with first 9 albums (which apart from 90s material have been celebrated many many times) won't satisfy all fans considering what a setlist they prepared for future past tour, so I think this one might be really special.
No Balkan shows that's weird...
But this time they explicitly talk about setlist, so I honestly expect some surprises... For now, confirmed songs are I think phantom, iron maiden, fear of the dark and run to the hills.
From deepcuts I really hope and think it's most possible for rime and afraid to shoot strangers and some real good pick from NPFTD (not a lazy one like tailgunner or bring your daughter)...
One more thing, them saying it's BEST SHOW EVER, means it will be much better than Legacy of the beast... I'm really pumped to see how

I believe 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers' would have been more likely to be played if it hadn't been performed back in 2014. Without the 2014 performances it would have been the first time since 1998! Then again, they had two Blaze tracks for both LOTB setlist versions. So who knows..
And then again, Can I Play With Madness as well as The Prisoner were also performed back in 2014 before being brought back for the ongoing tour

Last edited:
I think there will be 2-3 deep cuts. I'm not counting Rime in this.

I also think there will be 3 songs from the 90's. Hopefully both title tracks and 1 deep cut.
It depends heavily on what do you count as "Deep Cuts", really, but I wouldn't count so much.

You will have Run to the Hills, Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark and The Trooper. You will very likely have Number of the Beast, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Hallowed be Thy Name. We already have 7/15.

8 songs slots. Add Phantom of the Opera (not a deep cut, but they haven't play it in a decade at this point). 7.
Killers will absolutely be in the set. 6. Adding in Killers, it is very hard for Wrathchild not making a comeback after all of 3 years away. 5. If we are to believe Rime of the Ancient Mariner will appear as the "pinnacle" song in the 9-11 range, 4.

Now it comes a guessing game but, if they're promising to play at least 1 song from each album up to FOTD, No Prayer's representative will be Bring Your Daughter. 3. I would believe Afraid to Shoot Strangers will appear (popular song, commercial, easy on the band as a whole, gives everyone a breather). 2. The final song has a very, very decent chance to be Running Free. 1.

If we are following this route, we would have space for 1 odd song and it could be all over the place. Could be Moonchild or Murders in Rue Morgue as the opener, could be The Evil That Man Do to open the encore, could be Powerslave (after all, this tour is a homage to the history of the band). Would be shocked if it was Flight of the Icarus or Alexander, it feels to me that they played both at LOTB and Future Past once to put it to bed forever. Hell, could very well be Wasted Years, as the usual, traditional and easy representative of SiT.

I wouldn't expect some oddities in this tour. I think it will be very, very safe setlist and the "out of the box, check for mold" songs will be Killers (not played since 2005, I believe) and Bring Your Daughter (since 2003, I believe as well). I'm personally betting the opener will be Murders in Rue Morgue and SiT will not send a representative, so add another, but even if it is Moonchild to open the set, Moonchild wasn't featured in a decade (alongside Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Phantom of the Opera, as a matter of fact). I wouldn't be looking for a "not played since the 80s" cut like Flight of Icarus was for LOTB or Alexander ("not played ever") was for Future Past. The "wow, they're playing it?" song will probably be Killers.

It depends heavily on what do you count as "Deep Cuts", really, but I wouldn't count so much.

You will have Run to the Hills, Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark and The Trooper. You will very likely have Number of the Beast, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Hallowed be Thy Name. We already have 7/15.

8 songs slots. Add Phantom of the Opera (not a deep cut, but they haven't play it in a decade at this point). 7.
Killers will absolutely be in the set. 6. Adding in Killers, it is very hard for Wrathchild not making a comeback after all of 3 years away. 5. If we are to believe Rime of the Ancient Mariner will appear as the "pinnacle" song in the 9-11 range, 4.

Now it comes a guessing game but, if they're promising to play at least 1 song from each album up to FOTD, No Prayer's representative will be Bring Your Daughter. 3. I would believe Afraid to Shoot Strangers will appear (popular song, commercial, easy on the band as a whole, gives everyone a breather). 2. The final song has a very, very decent chance to be Running Free. 1.

If we are following this route, we would have space for 1 odd song and it could be all over the place. Could be Moonchild or Murders in Rue Morgue as the opener, could be The Evil That Man Do to open the encore, could be Powerslave (after all, this tour is a homage to the history of the band). Would be shocked if it was Flight of the Icarus or Alexander, it feels to me that they played both at LOTB and Future Past once to put it to bed forever. Hell, could very well be Wasted Years, as the usual, traditional and easy representative of SiT.

I wouldn't expect some oddities in this tour. I think it will be very, very safe setlist and the "out of the box, check for mold" songs will be Killers (not played since 2005, I believe) and Bring Your Daughter (since 2003, I believe as well). I'm personally betting the opener will be Murders in Rue Morgue and SiT will not send a representative, so add another, but even if it is Moonchild to open the set, Moonchild wasn't featured in a decade (alongside Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Phantom of the Opera, as a matter of fact). I wouldn't be looking for a "not played since the 80s" cut like Flight of Icarus was for LOTB or Alexander ("not played ever") was for Future Past. The "wow, they're playing it?" song will probably be Killers.
Killers hasn't been played since 1999.

I think the opener will be either Moonchild or Be Quick Or Be Dead. But, they can pull something out of the left field and open with either TNOTB again or Phantom Of The Opera.

This is most probably their last chance to play Infinite Dreams (Which they skipped on Maiden England 2013 tour), Still Life (again), Killers (Which they skipped on both Early Days and Maiden England 2013) and old live favourites like Die With Your Boots On (again skipped on Maiden England tour)... so I hope they play some of these... I won't bet on wet dreams like To Tame a Land, No Prayer for the Dying or Only the Good Die Young but who knows... Alexander worked great live, so they might have changed their mind about To Tame a Land.
For diehard fans a setlist with only hits (Like Somewhere Back in Time) will be too predictable and boring at this time. We need some deep cuts, we need Apparation!
If they want the tour to be interesting and special (mentioned in the press release), they will need 4-5 deep cuts. Songs like:

Rime
Phantom
To Tame A Land (very popular deep cut methinks, played by Nicko with his solo band. Why not, if they don't play Alexander or Hallowed)
Infinite Dreams (see above)
Prodigal Son? Rehearsed in 2005.
Only The Good Die Young (Steve said he wants to play it live)
Seventh Son, Clairvoyant, Moonchild are songs not played in many years. Phantom too. The worst part is that Running Free and Sanctuary too.
Still Life, Killers, Boots, 22AA were omitted during the past History tours.
at least 3 songs from the 90's (No Prayer, Tailgunner, Daughter, Fear, Be Quick, Afraid, Wasting Love). This is more likely than Flash Of The Blade or Back In The Village.

Such songs. Imagine 5-6 (even 7) from them, plus the usual 5 classics (IM, Trooper, Fear, Number, Hallowed) and we still have some little room left for the likes of 2 Minutes, Evil, Running Free, Wrathchild, etc.

It's not going to please everyone ofc, especially like/after the current tour.

And the artwork is disappointing, and didn't give me hope for a great stage design at all. Think of all the recent tour posters... I think this time Akirant didn't do, he didn't share it on instagram and it looks like AI work :/ They could have done many great things with the Tree Eddie and the Street Eddie, like they did in Future Past. Just sad...
They want TFP tour art to be unique. It's not a hybrid tour of 2 albums again.

I think the song picks will also depend on the theatrics they can do with them.

That makes me think that all 3 of Rime, Alex and Seventh Son have a good chance. Bruce will run with it on any of those, for sure.

And the artwork is disappointing, and didn't give me hope for a great stage design at all. Think of all the recent tour posters... I think this time Akirant didn't do, he didn't share it on instagram and it looks like AI work :/ They could have done many great things with the Tree Eddie and the Street Eddie, like they did in Future Past. Just sad...

Considering the name of the tour, I bet it's going to be an escape room of sorts - the stage design is going to be the rundown version of Finchley after dark and all doors will be locked bar one and you'll get random axes falling down...

Back