RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

It's a feel thing. Nicko doesn't play like a metal drummer nor does sound like one. Maybe non-musicians don't understand that, but it's a thing. And is especially important to the rythm section department, in this case, Steve.

A similar situation I can think of is Sting and The Police. Sting performs/has performed Police songs with a shitload of drummers, including Vinnie Colaiuta (who many consider one of the best drummers ever), but they only sound right with Stewart's madness and relentnesness.
To understand this a bit better, listen to If Eternity Should Fail vs Eternity Has Failed.

Nicko is so essential to Maiden's sound it's hard to describe.

That slipped under the radar, but Paul shared one of the Maiden posts about the new tour.

Guests? Shared because of the documentary? What about Blaze and Dennis? Possible song: Iron Maiden or Running Free (I hope the former).

Me and my dad were discussing opening songs for this tour. And we really have no idea what they'll be bringing around this time.

Aces High is great but overdone by now especially since we saw it in 2019 already. And I don't expect the Spitfire to return honestly. Moonchild would be cool but doesn't really fit the tour's theme that much I guess? I mean yeah it's the first 9 albums but Moonchild will always and forever be the Maiden England and Seventh Tour opener for me even though I would NOT complain if this is going to be the opener. Iron Maiden is not an opening song, let's face it. Tailgunner is too weak of a song for it to be an opener even though I wouldn't mind seeing it appear later in the setlist. Caught Somewhere in Time, done that last tour.

Then what's left? I can't think of any song with the same hype factor as Aces High, Moonchild or CsiT to use as opening song. MAYBE Prowler or BQobD? I'm very curious...

Tailgunner, aka the wackest chorus since Invaders (and the wackest until Wildest Dreams, but then again, that one's just... sad).
Tailgunner is actually a very effective live song, the chorus too. Like Wildest Dreams and it's a very nice opener, but if they play it I think it'll be in the middle of the set like in 1992.

Be Quick, Moonchild or Phantom (why not) are the likely openers. What else? Prowler? I doubt it, especially if they play Bring Your Daughter. Prowler could be featured though, idk. I'm not even ruling out Remember Tomorrow. Bruce likes it.

I would love to see how Blaze butchers some 80s classic. :) Paul - not so much.
Someone hasn't listened to Blaze in a while I suppose ;)
While he's gotten a bit weaker in the last couple of years, Blaze sounds fantastic and I'd argue he sounds better than current Bruce in some cases. Though, he'd need most songs to be transposed a step or so to sound really good.

Tailgunner is actually a very effective live song, the chorus too. Like Wildest Dreams and it's a very nice opener, but if they play it I think it'll be in the middle of the set like in 1992.

Be Quick, Moonchild or Phantom (why not) are the likely openers. What else? Prowler? I doubt it, especially if they play Bring Your Daughter. Prowler could be featured though, idk. I'm not even ruling out Remember Tomorrow. Bruce likes it.
Hadn't even considered Phantom as opener. I could actually picture it. Darknedd with just a few lights during those opening guitar parts. And them when the drum kicks in at the faster part, bam, there are the boys running on stage. It has that hype factor to it I must say!

Quite similair to CsiT during the Future Past Tour.

Someone hasn't listened to Blaze in a while I suppose ;)
While he's gotten a bit weaker in the last couple of years, Blaze sounds fantastic and I'd argue he sounds better than current Bruce in some cases. Though, he'd need most songs to be transposed a step or so to sound really good.
I was joking. In reality I would be happy to see Blaze as a guest on the upcoming tour.

Last edited:
This a wild theory, but what if they start with Transylvania? The first minute and 30 will play over the PA, and then it kicks in with the riff/band at 1:35. Or it starts with Transylvania over the PA (like they did with the Legacy video) into the opening riff of Prowler. I also think BQoBD is likely.

I think it’ll be either Prowler or Be Quick. Any other songs don’t make sense. Maybe The Ides of March into Wrathchild, which I’d be disappointed with.

It's a feel thing. Nicko doesn't play like a metal drummer nor does sound like one. Maybe non-musicians don't understand that, but it's a thing. And is especially important to the rythm section department, in this case, Steve.

A similar situation I can think of is Sting and The Police. Sting performs/has performed Police songs with a shitload of drummers, including Vinnie Colaiuta (who many consider one of the best drummers ever), but they only sound right with Stewart's madness and relentnesness.

My point was that in the metal scene not only metal drummers are recognized. The colleagues admire all types of other drummers.
I would just rather see someone like that as Maiden drummer, not the relatives.

I've said it before: just bring Nicko along. Let him play 2-3 of the easier tunes during the encore and let someone else handle the bulk of the set (and the harder songs).

Hell, let him run around the stage in an Eddie mask, trying to pants Bruce and getting the crowd going. Make it really obvious that he's still an integral part of Iron Maiden, even if he's not behind the kit for every song.

Back