RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I see this as a hint that they are not hanging it up and will continue their business. Or this is just standard promo wording?
Both, as has been said for some previous History tours, but I think at this point in time this will be true for some songs. It has more weight and we know it. Plus Steve said they have no plans to retire for a while, whatever that means. With or without Nicko? Idk, but I think - with, if not, then it's the end.

Both, as has been said for some previous History tours, but I think at this point in time this will be true for some songs. It has more weight and we know it. Plus Steve said they have no plans to retire for a while, whatever that means. With or without Nicko? Idk, but I think - with, if not, then it's the end.
Nicko's son, Justin, could replace his dad. There's a video on YouTube where you can see him play the same songs as his father is doing in front of him.

Last edited:
Your guess is as good as mine. But I think it depends on how he does on Run For Your Lives Tour.
I guess he will maintain his current level, the songs will be simplified (80's or not), and this would be fine I assume, if Nicko wants to continue ofc. With 20-25 shows per year. Despite everything, Nicko is showing great endurance and I'm happy.

Maybe they won't work with plans in advance anymore, they will enjoy the run, but if they plan to tour after 2026 - the preparation for it should start sometime around early 2026, like the new tour was planned since early this year.

As I said before, IF Maiden get a touring drummer, it needs to be someone who has grove. Pure metal drummer wouldn't cut it.

I don't think that drummers who are recognized (admired) in the metal scene are only drummers who don't have a groove.

Somehow I was reminded of the audition scene in Metallica's “Some Kind of Monster”.
Maybe the audition of the new drummer, chosen by Nicko, is already in the Maiden's documentary. Then everyone would be floored.
(Not that I really believe that).

From No Prayer I want to hear only title track and Daughter. Tailgunner as opener would be super weak for me. I mean, it' poor man's Aces High at best. Be Quick or Phantom would be great openers.

Tailgunner, aka the wackest chorus since Invaders (and the wackest until Wildest Dreams, but then again, that one's just... sad).

I don't think that drummers who are recognized (admired) in the metal scene are only drummers who don't have a groove.
It's a feel thing. Nicko doesn't play like a metal drummer nor does sound like one. Maybe non-musicians don't understand that, but it's a thing. And is especially important to the rythm section department, in this case, Steve.

A similar situation I can think of is Sting and The Police. Sting performs/has performed Police songs with a shitload of drummers, including Vinnie Colaiuta (who many consider one of the best drummers ever), but they only sound right with Stewart's madness and relentnesness.

I guess he will maintain his current level, the songs will be simplified (80's or not), and this would be fine I assume, if Nicko wants to continue ofc. With 20-25 shows per year. Despite everything, Nicko is showing great endurance and I'm happy.
That's very bad, imho. The less shows, the bigger the stadiums. Maiden show is suited / shines in arenas, not stadiums. Also open air has bad visibility and the sound often is far from perfect :facepalm:

Back