RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

"This tour is likely to be the last time we play many of these songs live so we really will be giving it everything we have got!”

One of my favourites is the 2014 tour announcement:

"– As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period"

Funny enough, the removed songs (The Clairvoyant, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Running Free) haven't been played since 2013, where as two of the replacements (Revelations, Wratchild) that came with excuse cited above have been played... :D

"– As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period"

Funny enough, the removed songs (The Clairvoyant, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Running Free) haven't been played since 2013, where as two of the replacements (Revelations, Wratchild) that came with excuse cited above have been played... :D

It was all a load of promotional bullshit.

Don't they say for every tour that they'll play songs they won't do again? Like I'm pretty sure they said that for SBIT, but they still played almost all of the songs later they performed on SBIT (except ROTAM).

3 positives:

1. Maiden will continue existing in 2027 and beyond, never doubted personally but its still a relief to get an official statement and put that 10-20% possibility of retirement out of mind

2. No Prayer For The Dying will get representation again, come on! Even though its probably gonna be the obvious choice, still take it anyday over some played to torturous boredom hit

3. Irons meets Hammers on June 28th, that`s special for sure

Not sure where you're getting rushed from.

They're aiming at bigger than usual gigs, so they've tailored the show towards lapsed and casual fans.
Not necessarily rushed, I felt that the initial announcement could have had little more to it.
Anyways, Im already hyped up and waiting to see the show. It must be something spectacular.

Last edited:
I reckon there’s no chance for Infinite Dreams. If they skipped it once with the ME setlist, I simply don’t see them going back for something they already skipped.
The way that Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in a Strange Land came back during the current tour after not being featured in the Somewhere Back in Time tour has taught me to not 0% anything anymore.

Stranger in a Strange Land - which also was said to have been shelved away after being featured in the first four shows of The Ed Hunter due to the death of Adrian Smith's father and that it would never be brought back again ever because of that.

I think Rime is the only song they haven't done since. And that’s a shame.
The way that Bruce belted out the first few lines of Rime during one of his spoken words sessions has me hopeful that we'll see it here, after all.

Maybe among them some reverse psychology thing happened. They all feel with a terrible certainty that their career as musicians (big arena crowds, adrenaline rush) is nearing to the end and they want to extend it as long as it's physically possible. Even at the cost of touring with a new drummer. Just a wild guess.

I would say there's strong hope to hear Infinite Dream and some other rare songs again.
Because for FPT they brought SIASL back even if it was only played 5 times in 1999 and similar things happened with LOTB (Flight of Icarus brought back from last performance in 1986) and CSIT (which was also back in the setlist for FPT since 1987) and ATG which was never played live before FPT.

But thinking this, it was weird that they still couldn't bring CSIT earlier back to the history tours.
But for FPT it worked really well, I liked the opening and the intro of the show with CSIT.
I was so sad and disappointed that ID still hasn't been played live since 1988.

That's some marketing talk.
I couldn't find the announcement for Eddie Rips Up World Tour, but for Somewhere Back In Time World Tour there wasn't similar marketing talk about the songs:
will revisit the band’s history by focusing almost entirely on the 80’s in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 ‘Powerslave Tour’. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie.
That was indeed the thing, as the songs picked for the setlist were mostly from the 80's (newest song on the setlist was 1992' FOTD).
It's interesting fact that there's only 1 tour so far that FOTD wasn't played and it was 2005' Eddie Rips Up World Tour where they specifically played songs from the first 4 albums.

That's some marketing talk.
I couldn't find the announcement for Eddie Rips Up World Tour, but for Somewhere Back In Time World Tour there wasn't similar marketing talk about the songs:
will revisit the band’s history by focusing almost entirely on the 80’s in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 ‘Powerslave Tour’. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie.
That was indeed the thing, as the songs picked for the setlist were mostly from the 80's (newest song on the setlist was 1992' FOTD).
It's interesting fact that there's only 1 tour so far that FOTD wasn't played and it was 2005' Eddie Rips Up World Tour where they specifically played songs from the first 4 albums.

They also claimed it would be the final time they will be playing many of those songs back in 2009:

Says band founder Steve Harris “We will be loading onto the plane as much equipment as we can ram in, along with plenty of pyro!! The set list will be a bit different to the shows we have done so far on this tour as we will include a few more songs from the first four albums. This show is likely to be the last time we play many of these songs live so we really will be giving it everything we have got!"

Back