Predictions on Setlist?

This Forostar has a nice list and a good thesis behind it. I had a similar thought, but used the GMETID set. (Please don't let them play that rubbish BYDTTS).

1. Wicker Man
2. Brave New World
3. Wrathchild
4. Rainmaker
5. These Colours Don't Run
6. Paschendale
7. New song
8. 2 Minutes to Midnight
9. Different World
10. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Linus
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----
Encore:
14. Still Life
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I am the MEATALIST!

01. The Wicker Man
02. Brave New World
03. The Trooper
04. Rainmaker
05. These Colours Don't Run
06. No More Lies
07. New song
08. 2 Minutes To Midnight
09. Different World
10. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
11. Ghost Of The Navigator
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----
Encore:
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

If it's true that they will play a lot of songs from the last four album including the final frontier honestly I don't know what set I could espect...they surely will play the usual classic songs I think...but if they want play more from the last four abums...from 90's we will see only fear of the dark???
They said a lot of songs from more recent period...but more recent period could mean "the x-factor","no prayer for the dying"...why not?

I would definitely not call No Prayer recent. I think "recent" is meant to indicate the era since H and Bruce returned. On the other hand, the guys are getting older, so maybe they do consider the early 90s recent?

The Clairvoyant said:
If it's true that they will play a lot of songs from the last four album including the final frontier honestly I don't know what set I could espect...they surely will play the usual classic songs I think...but if they want play more from the last four abums...from 90's we will see only fear of the dark???
They said a lot of songs from more recent period...but more recent period could mean "the x-factor","no prayer for the dying"...why not?

they should do tour from  ´90 - ´98  afther this tour

Eddies Wingman said:
I would definitely not call No Prayer recent. I think "recent" is meant to indicate the era since H and Bruce returned. On the other hand, the guys are getting older, so maybe they do consider the early 90s recent?

They're old, hopefully not senile :p

thomason said:
they should do tour from  ´90 - ´98  afther this tour

Sorry,but I don't think this is going to happen...we don't know if this is tour,which is going to start between a couple of weeks,will be the last one or not...next again would be their farewell tour in case this tour is not their last one.
Anyway I hope for a couple of songs from 90's in this summer 2010 world tour at least! Let's hope!

Yeah, the acronyms are getting a little out of hand now...

Anyway I'd kill to hear To Tame a Land, Still Life, Total eclipse, or anything off A Matter of Life and Death (because it's total BS that they didn't shoot a DVD for that tour).

But no matter what they do, It'll be better than AC/DC, who hasn't changed their setlist in two years (this has been their longest tour ever...) I was a huge AC/DC fan but I kinda switched to Maiden after I got tired of their unchanging setlist.

Here is the set list:

Ides of march
wrath child
flight of Icarus
caught somewhere in time
wickerman
New song
losfer words
reincarnation of Benjamin Breege
Montsegur
powerslave
22 acacia avenue
Die With your boots on
purgatory :innocent:

Encore:
Killers
Moonchild
The Number of the Beast

The Clairvoyant said:
Sorry,but I don't think this is going to happen...we don't know if this is tour,which is going to start between a couple of weeks,will be the last one or not...next again would be their farewell tour in case this tour is not their last one.
Anyway I hope for a couple of songs from 90's in this summer 2010 world tour at least! Let's hope!

I still hope that we will get this tour ´90 -´98  because it is most underrated perriod of Iron Maiden History, I would like to see songs like: Tail Gunner, No Prayer For The Dying, Public Enema Number One, Hooks In You, Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Wasting Love, Judes Be My Guide, Fortunes Of War,  The Aftermath, Blood On The World´s Hands, Lightning Strikes Twice, When Two Worlds Collide with three guitars  plus those which we already got  once again live

Because that's way more than a couple of songs  :p

I'd love to hear some of those, though. Actually, replacing Fear of  the Dark with The Clansman wouldn't be a bad idea - The Clansman has some great sing-along parts as well. Especially the part after the guitar solos. To paraphrase Kevin Keegan: I'd love it if they play it, just love it.

No,I think that "fear of the dark" shouldn't be replaced...the clansman it's the ideal song every time...even if nothing has been played from 90-98 period in the last six-seven years....I will be happy if they will play three songs : fear of the dark,man on the edge and the clansman....seen that they want play more from the last four albums.

Suicidehummer said:
or anything off A Matter of Life and Death (because it's total BS that they didn't shoot a DVD for that tour).
Yes they did... They recorded the Donington (Download) festival, but haven't announced any plans to release the DVD yet... And it's been what, three years now? Anyway, the performance was also broadcast via Internet, so it can be "borrowed" from various torrent and rapidshare sites...

The Clairvoyant said:
No,I think that "fear of the dark" shouldn't be replaced...the clansman it's the ideal song every time...even if nothing has been played from 90-98 period in the last six-seven years....I will be happy if they will play three songs : fear of the dark,man on the edge and the clansman....seen that they want play more from the last four albums.

If they'd play anything from the Blaze era I'd be happy if they played a song from those years that hasn't been played since Bruce returned to the band.

The Edge of Darkness, Virus... I really think that Bruce would ace Blood on the World's hands perfectly

Back