Predictions on Setlist?

Actually, the only one I'm coming close to not liking is Man on the Edge, and that one still rips most other bands a second one.

Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge, Lord of the Flies, Judgement of Heaven, The Aftermath, Edge of Darkness, Futureal, The Clansman, The Educated Fool...

...Fortunes of War, Lightning Strikes Twice, Como Estais Amigos, Virus...

Iron Maiden holds 2 of the most underrated entities in Rock world - The X Factor and Janick Gers.

Virtual XI is a very nice album. BNW follows the same path of VXI (no wonder the 4 remaining songs from Virtual XI sessions ended up on BNW. So music is a lot more to be analyzed than just thinking your fave singer makes every thing perfect).

Jeffmetal said:
Iron Maiden holds 2 of the most underrated entities in Rock world - The X Factor and Janick Gers.

Virtual XI is a very nice album. BNW follows the same path of VXI (no wonder the 4 remaining songs from Virtual XI sessions ended up on BNW. So music is a lot more to be analyzed than just thinking your fave singer makes every thing perfect).

you are right mate especialy with Janick Gers, he is most underrated member of the band by plenty of fans, Janick keep rockin´

Reumeren said:
I agree 100%

I always imagine Bruce going really high during the part where the vocals go ''Blood on the woo-oorld's haaaands''. Maybe it'll turn out stupid if they tried, but in my mind it's perfect.

As much as I hate the evolution of the elevation of Bruce Dickinson's voice, I think that we both can agree on what you said

Jeffmetal said:

In this case the "fave singer"  Makes a HUGE friggin difference.  Yes the songs were written by the band, mostly Steve of course.  But playing those songs at this concert still has a strange feel.  Bruce would absolutely be resurrecting good songs formerly sung by a baritone that was a bad fit for the music.  Blaze did not fit Maiden music, period.  Therefor this 'celebration' that I cannot wait for in June, would be hampered with songs that bring back memories of the bands darkest hours.    Even though they will be ten times better with the best [not just the fave] metal voice of all time.

@ bornless1 - I actually feel the band's darkest years were No Prayer For The Dying and Fear of the Dark. The band couldn't top Seventh Son and returned to a rawer sound which symbolised the end of the golden years, Adrian left, Bruce grew a beard and became disgruntled before also departing.  In my opinion X Factor and Virtual XI are many times more enjoyable than their two predecessors.  Songs such as The Educated Fool or Fortunes of War would sound incredible live with 3 guitarists and Bruce.

I hope they play a few Blaze era tracks.

I can actually imagine opener Where Eagles Dare blending nicely into When Two Worlds Collide...

Some of the songs I most want to hear on the next tours are exactly the Blaze era songs. Then, people will perceive how many great songs and Maiden classics there are on those records and how close minded they were by not listening to the music they could make at those albums with that voice and understanding what lies beneath those periods of the band's and members lives, instead of make pointless comparisons. The X Factor is the most heartfelt Maiden album, it speaks louder than most, it's an album exploring the human mind in an unique way. Blaze sung very well in the studio and live his songs. It's just that Bruce will obviously kick ass doing his songs, as he already did (unlike Di'Anno era songs, where Bruce could never match the roughness and guts of the original singer, and never will). So the great music is there, is just a matter of opening the mind to perceive it, which is a hard action.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
@ bornless1 - I actually feel the band's darkest years were No Prayer For The Dying and Fear of the Dark. The band couldn't top Seventh Son and returned to a rawer sound which symbolised the end of the golden years, Adrian left, Bruce grew a beard and became disgruntled before also departing.  In my opinion X Factor and Virtual XI are many times more enjoyable than their two predecessors.  Songs such as The Educated Fool or Fortunes of War would sound incredible live with 3 guitarists and Bruce.

I hope they play a few Blaze era tracks.

I can actually imagine opener Where Eagles Dare blending nicely into When Two Worlds Collide...
Yah okay Mid distance, I agree the band could not keep up the perfection following 7th sun. {which is probably the best overall sounding album]. The fall off there was immense.  I remember the initial disappointment of No Prayer.  But here we are 20 years later and I find myself listening to it and Fear in there entirety at times.  I can't get through the Bailey albums at all.  The mood strikes for Futureal or como estais or edge of darkness only a couple times per year. The Clansman has a nice riff but is totally over rated in my opinion.  It should not be mentioned in the same breath with the other epic longer classics, Rhyme, dream of mirrors, even dance of death. 

Go tell that to 'Arry, then. Also, don't tell you don't like Iron Maiden and Killers and that Bruce sings Di'Anno songs better than the original. That'd be just very Bruce 'fangirlism'.

Sorry, bornless. I completely disagree with you. I'm sorry that you don't care for them, but I will still consider many of their Blaze-era songs to be among my favourites. I'd be tickled pink to see one or two in the tour.

Di'anno is a different story all together.  The first and Killers are all his.  Tremendous grit and power in his voice, perfect for the violent and rebel themes of the discs.  Killers to me is the dark, driving force that screams IRON MAIDEN. Bruce could not have pulled that off so well, agreed. This is not a comparison here.  Don't get me wrong, I would have virtual x1 and x factor permanently tattooed on my eardrums before listening to most of the rubbish on the dials these days.....

Well, I disagree. I think the tone of the two albums changed. It's not Iron Maiden trying to do what Iron Maiden did before Blaze. NotB is very similar to Killers in a lot of ways, excluding the vocalist, in riffage, in tuning, in the style of solos, even. X Factor and VXI are more of an experiment, yes. But I like the results. More than I like many other albums.

According to the new entry on Maiden's official website about ticket sales for Maiden's U.K. Sonisphere Festival appearance, there'll be a VERY IMPRESSIVE EDDIE, ONE BRAND NEW SONG and will cover ALL OF THEIR CAREER. So this will be, apparently, a much more improved Gimme Ed... type tour. Can't wait for June 9th to come!!! \m/

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The Clansman is the best Iron Maiden live song.  Not the best song, but the best live song.  I would almost kill to see it live by Maiden (seen it with Blaze twice), especially as an encore.

Back