Predictions on Setlist?

Sorry, nerdpost:

gulranek said:
@JackAttack - Don't count on either The Prisoner or Caught Somewhere In Time, ain't gonna happen. Haven't been played since '88 and '86 respectively, and probably never will be played again.

'91 and '87. :)

Didn't know that about Prisoner in '91... But according to the bootleg list on the IMC, it appears it was played only 5 or 6 times. Anyway, slim chance they'll ever play it again.

it would be cool if some unpredictable songs were played but they will probably stick to a winning formula that has (am I right??) been lapped up by audiences all over the globe since 1980 or so.

Yeah We'll probably get Hallowed and Iron Maiden and Beast but so what? I never get tired of hearing those songs. A few songs that I would like to hear played live would be Stranger in a Strange Land, The Clairvoyant, Die With Your Boots On, Paschenfuckingdale, and Blood Brothers. If they put those in, with the new song, and the usual classics then I would go home from the gig exhausted and happy.

I will be happy anyway, because I will inevitably have heard some songs that I haven't heard live before. I mean, even if they play all the obvious choices, there will be a few songs that I haven't heard live.

(Of course, if those songs happened to include Phantom of the Opera, Infinite Dreams and Paschendale I would probably pass out afterwards, from pure joy  :D )

Eddies Wingman said:
(Of course, if those songs happened to include Phantom of the Opera, Infinite Dreams and Paschendale I would probably pass out afterwards, from pure joy  :D )

You took the words right out of my keyboard. Not a prediction, but I'd love to hear Phantom of the Opera probably above any other song; I've missed it every time before.

As the July 18th date in Chi-Town is my first Maiden show ( :bigsmile: ), I've been thinking a lot about which possibly classics/hits that the boys might leave off of the set to allow for their whole history to be covered. Above I included obvious stuff like HBTN and IM, but does anyone think there's a possibility tracks like FOTD or 2MTM will be left off?

I'm a bit sceptical on the amount of rarer songs to be played on this tour only because I've been disappointed before.  I'd love to hear them, but then again, I don't think I'm going to the concert with Dream Theatre.  It is more expensive than usual, and I have decided to stick to my Megadeth/Slayer/Testament concert during summer after all.  However, if IM does play rarer songs, like 'The Prisoner', whose solo would be great live, I'll kick myself.

GuineaPig said:
FOTD no, 2MTM I'd say probably yes.

That's why bruce said that future tours will feature more recent material....so this one for first!!!! clearly "fear of the dark" and more probably will be on the setlist....and I think another couple of song from 90's and post-reunion's period..!!! from 80's just the usual song from the first tour albums and one from seventh son!!
Anyway it will be very curious to know how the set will be after 7 years (since 2003-2004 world tour) they don't play stuff from 90's and 2000's (apart the classic fear of the dark)!!! we shall see...

I think the claims that Maiden don't play 90's and 00's stuff is pretty unfair.

On BNW tour they played SotC and The Clansmanl. On Give me Ed they played Bring Your Daughter, The Clansman, BNW and The Wickerman. On DoD tour they played LotF and BNW. Early Days was specifically dedicated towards the early 80's so no 90's and 00's stuff. AMOLAD Tour they only played 4 80's songs so there isn't much of a bias towards them there. Again, SBIT was a dedicated tour to the glory years of the 80's so no point playing 90's and 00's material.

So I'd expect at least 3 90's and 00's songs plus Fear of the Dark.

Jonszat said:

On BNW tour they played SotC and The Clansmanl. On Give me Ed they played Bring Your Daughter, The Clansman, BNW and The Wickerman. On DoD tour they played LotF and BNW. Early Days was specifically dedicated towards the early 80's so no 90's and 00's stuff. AMOLAD Tour they only played 4 80's songs so there isn't much of a bias towards them there. Again, SBIT was a dedicated tour to the glory years of the 80's so no point playing 90's and 00's material.

And even on SBIT, they threw in FOTD so we know we'll get stuff from those eras on the upcoming tour.

Jonsza[quote="Jonszat" said:

Let's look at the nineties only:

On BNW tour they played SotC and The Clansman.

That's only 2 songs. Counting FOTD that's 3 songs.

On Give me Ed they played Bring Your Daughter, The Clansman, BNW and The Wickerman.

That's only 2 songs. Counting FOTD that's 3 songs.

On DoD tour they played LotF and BNW.

That's only one song. Counting FOTD that's 2 songs.

Early Days was specifically dedicated towards the early 80's so no 90's and 00's stuff.

That's zero songs. Thank God no FOTD for once in a lifetime.

AMOLAD Tour they only played 4 80's songs so there isn't much of a bias towards them there.

That's zero songs. But unfortunately they again played FOTD.

Again, SBIT was a dedicated tour to the glory years of the 80's so no point playing 90's and 00's material.

That's zero songs. Ahh, no, again they played FOTD. There was no point to play that one indeed.  :D

Seriously now, after the nineties ended, Maiden has played FOTD (no. 1) constantly with one exception in 2005.
The remainder of the nineties songs were:

The Clansman (no. 2) two tours (last time: GMETID-tour)
SOTC (no. 3) one tour (BNW-tour)
BYDTTS (no. 4) one tour (GMETID-tour)
LOTF (no. 5) one tour (DOD-tour)

"These five have been seen live", so to speak.

So it's really time to dig up some of those (or other) nineties songs again.

3 90's songs would be special. 3 00's songs would not be special since Maiden released and played many 00's songs over the last ten years. 3 songs from The Final Frontier is a different matter though.  :P

Nice analysis!

It's incredible that the BNW tour was 10 years ago, man how time flies!

Forostar said:
That's zero songs. Thank God no FOTD for once in a lifetime...

That's zero songs. But unfortunately they again played FOTD...

That's zero songs. Ahh, no, again they played FOTD. There was no point to play that one indeed.  :D

Seriously now, after the nineties ended, Maiden has played FOTD (no. 1) constantly with one exception in 2005.

Dang, Foro. I didn't think anyone could be this sick of FOTD live even close to this much... although you're completely justified, since they have played it a shit ton and you're definitely not alone in wishing they'd move on from it. I've just never been able to get over the crowd participation (a first time Maiden show goer can dream right :) )

Forostar said:
So it's really time to dig up some of those (or other) nineties songs again.

3 90's songs would be special. 3 00's songs would not be special since Maiden released and played many 00's songs over the last ten years. 3 songs from The Final Frontier is a different matter though.  :P

I couldn't agree with you more here, though. I'd really like to see at least one track from X-Factor, NPFTD and FOTD (I pretty much detest VXI, but if they play Futureal I'd be happy).

JackAttack said:
Dang, Foro. I didn't think anyone could be this sick of FOTD live even close to this much... although you're completely justified, since they have played it a shit ton and you're definitely not alone in wishing they'd move on from it.

Ohh noohhh. Sigh...

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

The FINAL FRONTIER WORLD TOUR begins in less than a month!

So we thought we'd post a little something to get you warmed up - Fear Of The Dark, recorded in Argentina in 2008 and taken from the Flight 666 DVD. ENJOY

Back