Predictions on Setlist?

Transylvania has been played on Ed Huntour and SBIT, at least. There may have been more. It was probably on Early Days, but I don't specifically recall that.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure it was not played on GMETID.

In other words - and this is no surprise, really - it will not appear on full-blown new album tours, but it may show up on nostalgia tours. We might hear it this summer.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Transylvania has been played on Ed Huntour and SBIT, at least. There may have been more. It was probably on Early Days, but I don't specifically recall that.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure it was not played on GMETID.

In other words - and this is no surprise, really - it will not appear on full-blown new album tours, but it may show up on nostalgia tours. We might hear it this summer.

It's on A Real Dead One, too, so they played it in 1993.
Black_Thunder94 said:
Well, like there was so much of ATG when they were in Greece (or Macedonia?)...

Be careful with this Macedonia stuff ...the kingdom Alex came from is not the same as present-day Former Yugoslav Rep. of Macedonia ... and the history guys on this forum will ruthlessly slay those who spread wrong information.

By the way, have Maiden ever played in FYROM? Don't think so?

Eddies Wingman said:
It's on A Real Dead One, too, so they played it in 1993.

SMX meant that the track was used as an intro (the studio version), the way they do that with Doctor, Doctor.

1993 was the last time this song was done live (and the tour Nicko and Janick played it).
Last occasion before that was 1982, so this time the gap is certainly bigger.

My guess:

Trooper
Wrathchild
Brighter than a thousand suns
2 Minutes to Midnight
Brave New World
New Song
Sign of the Cross
Can I play with Madness
The Number of The Beast
Heaven Can Wait
Paschendale
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be thy name

Just curious: Are you all predicting on setlists, or just posting what you'd want to hear?

My prediction:

The Wicker Man
Wrathchild
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
The Trooper
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Number of the Beast
Paschendale
The Clansman
For the Greater Good of God
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Running Free
Futureal
Hallowed Be Thy Name

I think this will come close:

1. The Number Of The Beast
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. The Trooper
5. Rainmaker
6. Paschendale
7. New song
8. Different World
9. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden
----
Encore:
13. Running Free
14. 2 Minutes To Midnight
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

^That one sounds very likely, only I think we get The Wicker Man or Brave New World rather than Ghost of the Navigator.

For some reason I think they're gonna make Brave New World the live staple from that album if any (they played it on the Death on the Road tour), and from AMOLAD I have a feeling These Colours Don't Run and Breeg are most likely.

Perun said:
Just curious: Are you all predicting on setlists, or just posting what you'd want to hear?

It’s just my prediction not the actually set list I would want them to play.
I would personally love more obscure songs like Infinite Dreams, Judas be my Guide, Genghis Khan, Only the good die young, but that would never happen.

Same here Per.

About Ghost: This is indeed "the wish is the father of thoughts" though it's not that unlikely to pick a track which was only played at the BNW tour, rather than again BNW and again The Wicker Man, which were both done in several tours.

How did I compile mine?
1. I took the 2007 setlist
2. Removed some AMOLAD & Beast tracks
3. Added Ghost, two tracks from DOD, Running Free, plus a new one.

Forostar said:
...rather than again BNW and again The Wicker Man, which were both done in several tours...

Yes, but that's how Maiden works. They never drop RTTH and give us The Prisoner instead. They never drop The Trooper so we can hear TTAL. And so on...

TETMD was also hard to get rid of from 1992-2002, but behold:
It was gone from 2003-2005 (and again in 2008). There's still hope. ;)

If I could have them retire 1 song it would be Wrathchild. It's a good song, quite a lot of people who sort of like Maiden like Wrathchild even though it's not off of one of the big albums but I feel like the band use it as an excuse to play 3 minutes of good music rather than put another 5 minute song of awesomeness in. I'd much rather see MitRM or Killers from Killers in the set-list.

Also, what would everyone think about Maiden taking a break in the set-list? Playing for 45-60 mins (approx. an hour) and then taking a 10 minute break or so before returning for another 10 songs including the encore. I fail to see how this wouldn't be better for everyone. Everyone knows Maiden are getting on now and Nicko said on Flight 666 that he didn't know how he was gonna get through the set about half way through the first gig (obviously they'll get fitter through the tour so that'dl only be a problem initially).

I know it probably won't happen but something as simple as a 10 minute break could mean we get to see GotN, The Wickerman and BNW rather than picking and choosing.

Back