Official American Football Thread

Hell yeah .. ready to roll. First Bears pre-season game is on tomorrow night. I am going to Chicago for the Dec 21 game versus Detroit

Awesome man, that's a usually a great rivalry to watch and then in the month of December!

I have a long night ahead of me, but the beauty of Game Pass is that I get all the games on demand, and in condensed version if I so choose :)

I bought that as well, but will probably not be able to watch much tonight. I have Sunday Ticket for the regular season as well (still need to buy it once they get the streaming package online)

Do you get Game Pass through the regular season and for the playoffs? I was under the impression that Game Pass was for fans outside of the US and that Americans can't buy it, or haven't heard about it :D

It is different, NFL.com has a subscription for the pre-season. Via DirectTV, there is Sunday Ticket which gets you all games during the regular season.
All playoff games are on regular TV, so no need for anything else.

Ahh right. Yeah, I don't know what I would do without Game Pass. Enables me to watch every regular season game, + playoffs and Superbowl in HD on demand. I got no access to any of the regular US TV Channels and it saves me the hassle it was before of looking at shitty online streams or downloading illegal and cramming up my HD space :)

True. It has some value, especially if you do not have a rooting interest in any of the games that are on

Exactly. I usually pick a game to watch all the way through but if it turns out to be a total snorefest or lopsided I use Red Zone to find out which game to go to...You can watch Red Zone for a bit and see which of the other games seems the most exciting, and then watch that one.

But I'll follow every Pittsburgh game for sure, they're the team that got me into watching the sport more seriously, 2004 season :)

Before that I only remember watching some old 49ers - Cowboys games as a kid. But I have several teams I sympathize with :) But it's very nice to not actually hate any teams and just watch as many games as possible and pick a team to root for in individual matches :)

Last edited:
I was looking forward to catching the Seahawks Broncos game tonight, but I'll be going on vacation tonight. I may only catch the first quarter. Go hawks!

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while.. but yes! The season is here at last!
I'm a Texans Fan (Was an Oiler fan since the 70's then they left me!) Well New Coach ,new QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick?!) oh well it should at least be interesting to see something different! I also love to hate the Cowboys!
I watch all the games I can of all the teams.

BTW did anyone catch Episode 1 of this season's "Hard Knocks" with the Falcons? Good Stuff as usual! Up The Irons!

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while.. but yes! The season is here at last!
I'm a Texans Fan (Was an Oiler fan since the 70's then they left me!) Well New Coach ,new QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick?!) oh well it should at least be interesting to see something different! I also love to hate the Cowboys!
I watch all the games I can of all the teams.

BTW did anyone catch Episode 1 of this season's "Hard Knocks" with the Falcons? Good Stuff as usual! Up The Irons!

Hey bbreeg nice to see you!

I'm sorry but the only Oilers game I remember was "The Comeback" but I guess you don't want to talk about that one too much.

Yes, I watched it. So good so far...but what a bimbo Kroy Biermann married, holy....Hope we won't see too much of her the rest of the show :D

So I recorded the Seattle - Denver game and just finished watching it. I was disappointed that we lost because we had an opportunity to win the game at the end. Nevertheless it is the preseason and those games don't really matter. But still, the rookies showed a lot of promise.

And that punt return by De'Anthony Thomas, that was awesome!

Back