Official American Football Thread

What a weird day in the NFL. (Wasted says again).

Nice to see Cutler get a win, maybe the town will quiet down-- tho the interceptions didn't help him much.

How bout those Chiefs?!?!?

The Seahawks left me extremely disappointed today. But I guess a team that caught 4 interceptions and still had 3 points didn't really deserve to win.

Golden opportunity for Chicago an they are pissing it away .. looks like next week is do or die for them and GB.

The NFC North has turned into a group of 'who wants it least' teams. I think the Bears have the best shot at it, but it cracks me up that a 8 win team could easily make it in-- and AZ will be sitting at home at 10 or 11 wins :)

I am betting on the bears. I bet Rodgers doesn't play and Matthews is out.

I am interested to see the final Wild Card spot in the AFC. It is amazing that the Steelers, with some help, could actually make it.

Yeah, its just interesting how it works out some times. My son was saying that, depending on how the games go, 3 teams from the AFC west could make it into the playoffs (if the Chargers win and Ravens/Dolphins lose)

I like it when the games come down to the last week! I'll enjoy the 'Boys/Eagles, Bears/Packers games. Also, I think the 49ers and Seahawks games will both be good.

I think we are in for a good weekend of football.

I think it would be funny as hell if Romo is out for the Cowboys and Orton leads then to a big game win after Romo bombed out in those games the past two years.

That would be outstanding!!

I haven't heard the radio much, but I'm betting the greater part of Chicago is calling for McCown to start instead of Cutler :)

YAY!!!!!!!! The Seahawks got homefield advantage. What a game that was; The Rams defensive tackle Kendall Langford was flagged 3 times in a single play! Once for unsportsmanlike conduct, then he put his hands on the ref and got flagged again. Then after he learned about getting flagged, he threw his helmet on the ground and got another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He was later ejected from the game. Anyway congrats Seahawks!

Fuck them .. I need a new remote control

That game was something else... There were a couple of good games. I have to say, I don't really think you can blame Cutler for that one. He had a rating over 100 and I think played pretty well. The D, again, let them down.

Also, congrats to the 'Hawks. They have played well all year-- this is gonna be a really interesting playoffs! I wonder if New Orleans can go into Green Bay and win... and the Niners are gonna be really tough this year!

Oh, I got that wrong, Niners are going to Green Bay. I say Niners. Here are my picks:

NO over Philly
KC over Indy :) (ok, thats heart, not brain)
Cincy over SD
Niners over Green Bay

Indeed it is!

Honestly, we couldn't beat them in KC, I dunno how it'll be in Indy.... but, that's why they play the game! Then thing that stinks is that we'll end up playing Denver after Indy, unless San Diego wins... Meh.

Although.... if that plays out... San Diego beats Denver, KC beats NE, and we end up playing the AFC Championship in KC against San Diego....

I hope Green Bay wins, as the 49ers are my least favorite team. I'm having that same feeling.

Back