Official American Football Thread

I wonder how many Tom Brady comeback victories have been helped by a pass interference call.

LOL

GoDaddy.com Bowl: Ball State (10-2) vs. Arkansas State (7-5)
Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, 9 p.m.

Why You Should Watch: Outside of the two young, up-and-coming coaches (Ball State’s Pete Lembo and Arkansas State’s Bryan Harsin, who may not even coach this game if they are hired away before then) I know nothing about these teams, and I doubt you do either.

But in the penultimate game of the season, just be thankful you’ve got college football to watch, OK?

Quick Pick: Ball State 38, Arkansas State 14

Da coach.

Good on the Bears to show up. Love the 'QB controversy' that their callers believe is in the midst. Though, if McNown keeps it up, Cutler could be playing in Tennessee next season :)

[LAME FANTASY FOOTBALL BITCHING ALERT] What a mess in Washington. The sad irony is that I have held on to RG3 as my fantasy league quarterback specifically because the next two Redskins games (against Atlanta and Dallas) are, shall we say, quarterback-friendly (their defenses stink), and the next two weeks will decide my league title. RG3 has actually been a solid fantasy QB lately, notwithstanding that the Redskins are terrible. Now their vastly overrated coach, Mike Shanahan, is benching RG3 despite his strong performances in the last month, ostensibly to protect him from any further hits (maybe he should have figured out a decent blocking scheme instead). Now I'm forced to take a flyer that Kirk Cousins will have a big game. Ugh.

The good news: Stanford heads back to the Rose Bowl again.

I love how Chicago is so split on who should be their QB. Everyone says, "if it was Tom Brady on the bench, you'd put him back in." Which is true. But if it was Drew Bledsoe, you wouldn't :)

Although, I do think that Cutler should be starting. Anything else is just silly.

The difference is McCown .. who has been great .. is 34 (or something like that) .. if he was 24 and was playing like this .. i would say he should keep starting and let Cutler walk.

I'm on board with you. I think he has matured and is more relaxed than he was when he became the starter in AZ (in 2005?), but he is old enough to be a really good back up for some years.

Unless, as some are convinced, its the 'system' and they can still let Cutler walk and draft a 'QB of the future' for less money.

I can see letting Cutler go and taking the money they would have to pay him and spend it on the defense and overall depth. It depends on what his contract demands will be ... if they are reasonable and they can address other areas of need, I want him back. If he is asking for being paid as a top 5 QB ... let him walk.

I'm guessing he's gonna ask for Tony Romo money. Which is too much and was too much for Romo. But Jay has done as good with the Bears as Romo has for the 'Boys.

I dunno if that bit about Tennessee being interested in Cutler is accurate, but that could help his position. But, I'm betting the Bears don't drop close to Romo money on him. Especially with such a good QB rich draft coming up.

Not really ... I do not think his career is defined on scoring a cheapo touchdown at the end of the game (like the one Fridge scored)

It was in the Rule 5 draft .. so they will put him on the inactive list .. in case he has some injury that prevents him from playing football, he could play baseball. It is basically a flyer on their part that costs then $15,000

Back