Official American Football Thread

That was a really good game, as was the MAC championship game. I'm always happy to see teams like Stanford do well (where football does not trump academics). Also nice to see Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Duke, Navy and ND all go bowling this year.

stanjpg-2310559_frame_01_640x360.jpg

I feel horrible for Crennel and Pioli, I cannot imagine seeing that

According to police, Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, 22, at home around 8 a.m. CT, with the woman's mother present and a witness to the murder. Belcher then drove to the team facility, where he later shot and killed himself in the parking lot of the team complex, in front of GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel, as well as other team personnel. A KCPD spokesman said Pioli and Crennel tried to talk to Belcher, who thanked the men before taking his life. Belcher and his girlfriend had a three-month-old child.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/12/01/chiefs-muder-suicide/index.html#ixzz2Dql9dvnI

Looks like ND v Alabama for the championship, that was a good game tonight Onto the Big 10 game, I am guessing Nebraska will win

Thoughts? I think KC/Panthers game shouldn't go on. Just my thought. Also, I'm not watching ESPN, but I hear that they keep going on and on about Belcher being such a great guy, but no focus on the fact that he killed the mother of his child... ? Anyone watching and see that?

Thoughts? I think KC/Panthers game shouldn't go on. Just my thought. Also, I'm not watching ESPN, but I hear that they keep going on and on about Belcher being such a great guy, but no focus on the fact that he killed the mother of his child... ? Anyone watching and see that?

Decision on whether to play should be up to the KC players and coaches in my view.
People might have liked him, but his actions clearly proved he was not a great guy.
I hope someone has the balls to say it.

From what the Fox pregame said, the Chiefs voted 100% to play today .. also a Browns employee (not a player) killed him/her self in the team's facility yesterday as well From what I read, Belcher had a reputation for being a good guy, who knows what made him snap like this, it is probably a case where we will never know

James Brown on CBS called for men to take a look at themselves and each other and put an end to domestic violence.

Good for him! I little patience for people that hit women or kids.

Good on the Chiefs for winning the game. Still mixed emotions over that. It's a tragedy, but I wish they wouldn't gloss over the fact that he killed someone first.

I hope your Vikings can repeat that performance :edmetal:

...but it will be hard. A cold, hostile, Lambeau field. Ponder will need to play mistake free and AP needs to shred their defense one more time...

I hope both teams break a total of 125 legs :) JK ... I cannot stand GB more than I cannot stand Minny ... Go Vikes .. I guess.

I think Lovie Smith is a really good person and I appreciate quite a bit of what he did in Chicago, but it was time for him to got. Someone needs to do something with the offense, Lovie has really failed there the past 3 years.

Back