Official American Football Thread

I have said this before, but I love Chicago sports radio. After the NFC Champ game that the bears lost two years ago, Cutler was the biggest dog in Chitown. Then early last season, he was soso-- then, after he went down, he was the best QB in Chi-town in the last 50 years! After the Colts game, he was king of Chicago. Now he is the biggest dog and the worst QB in the league and a big pouty girl. I love it.

Yeah. I dunno about KC. I keep thinking that the West is pretty weak, but I just don't know about Denver now. I had really thought that Manning wouldn't be all 'that', but maybe I'm wrong. If Manning really is going to be most of his old self, Denver is going to be tough on the entire AFC.

Manning played the Steelers like a fiddle. His arm is only about 80%, but he hasn't lost a beat in his mastery of the game of football. Cassel couldn't do what Manning did last week in a million years. Denver is going to win that division. The Chiefs are doomed by a mediocre quarterback.

I agree with both the above statements. KC is never going anywhere with Cassel at QB. Time to make a choice and either buy one or draft one and deal with it.

I've thought that the vitriol toward the replacement referees was a bit much...until now. That Packers-Seahawks ending was indefensible.

I did not watch the game, but heard about it all morning and saw the replays .. that was pretty bad. I really do not blame the replacement refs, they are clearly in over the heads and I am sure are doing the best they can ... but that was really bad.

Got tickets to go to the Bears/Cowboys game next Monday in JerryWorld, I live just outside it's gravitational pull... looking forward to it ... Go Bears!

I haven't seen a replay yet. I've read a lot and heard a lot on the radio. I'll have to see it.

My understanding from NFL rules read on the air this morning: The video replay CAN NOT review whether or not it was a simultaneous catch. If the ruling on the field was 'touchdown Seahawks' all they can actually review is whether he did go to the ground, maintain possession, not step out of bounds. They can't reverse the 'simultaneous catch' part.

So, if I have that understood correctly, the replay became what it had to be, it was the really bad call on the field that got botched.

Like bearfan said, I don't totally blame the refs, they are doing the best they can. Its just that their best isn't good enough.

It looks like the NFL and the refs are close to an agreement, one report I read said they might be back to work as early as this weekend.

At least you guys still get Football, replacement refs, players, cheerleaders, whatever. the NHL just shuts down and doesn't give a shit about the fans. :(

At least you guys still get Football, replacement refs, players, cheerleaders, whatever. the NHL just shuts down and doesn't give a shit about the fans. :(
If it makes you feel any better, the NFL doesn't either.

Back