Official American Football Thread

Baltimore should kill Houston, Houston is a good team and deserves credit to be where they are with all the injuries and if they had Schaub at QB, I might think different. But I think it is a Baltimore/New England AFC title game.

The Broncos have been utterly destroyed by the Patriots. Damn, Brady put on a clinic...and Tebow didn't really do much. The whole Broncos team just sorta...didn't show.

SMX did put it very nicely: This isn't a game...its a clinic and Brady is the surgeon.

The way NE played in that game I think they will make it to the Superbowl...although given that this game was so lopsided I'm not sure too much can be taken from it.

Gronk!!! (I drafted him in my fantasy league for $1. Needless to say, that worked out well.)

And, never doubt Harbaugh. The 49ers offense, of all things, looked very impressive.

Harbaugh has instantly elevated himself to one of the best coaches in the game, this is pretty much the same team that has stunk the past several years and he really turned the ship around.

Am I the only one who had an insane desire for Brady to get rammed into the turf and knocked out of the AFC title game to give Belichik his just desserts for running up the score?

I watch international hockey. I'm used to watching the score get run up. Remember what the coach of the Hawks said: "It's not worth winning if you can't WIN BIG!"

I think in the playoffs, you just keep going for the kill, I get keeping the team at it's peak to keep getting ready for the next game/showing the next opponent what they are up against.

Its a 60 minute game. If you're not gonna play for 60 minutes, go home. I have no problem with the starters staying in until the 4th quarter.

Well I am a Bills fan, so there is nothing rational about my dislike for Belichik.

So, how about that. Other than the Pats, all the 'high flying' offenses are out of the tournament. I'll be curious to see what happens when the Pats O runs into the Raven's D.... Usually, that's where the defense wins out.

More than anything, I'm rooting for SF right now.

Baltimore's defense looked a bit slow against the Texans (especially in the first half). But I am glad to see the old "Defense wins chanpionships" adage restored in at least the NFC.

Yes, this should get interesting. Given that the Ravens didn't look all that sharp against the Texans I still think the Patriots will make it to the Superbowl. Where in all likelihood they will meet San Francisco (or at least I hope so, given that they're the underdog and they haven't been to a Superbowl in forever). However it plays out, the Superbowl this year should be a good one, with two evenly matched teams facing each other but each with different characteristics.

I am leaning towards Pats vsGiants (but I can see SF beating them, that should be a good game). I think NE has way too much for Baltimore on offense, and I just do not like Flacco as a "take you to the Super Bowl" kind of QB.

The least interesting in terms of storyline would be Ravens v Giants. So any of the other three combinations would be preferable.

Well, a rematch of XLII.

Honestly, I would have rather seen a SF/Baltimore game. Eh.

I couldn't disagree more. While a Niners/Ravens game would be a fun defensive game to watch, Giants/Patriots is a rematch of the most exciting Super Bowl of the last 10-15 years. Looking forward to it.

Back