Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that the Japanese shows have are shown to be cancelled at ironmaiden.com but the Australia & NZ shows are shown to be postponed.

It's interesting that the Japanese shows have are shown to be cancelled at ironmaiden.com but the Australia & NZ shows are shown to be postponed.

Yep, I thought of the same thing. There's something happening, will be curious to follow how things will still change around.
Here in Finland, the goverment hasn't extended the orders concerning COVID-19, but I think they will extend it to late september at least.
Soon Rockfest will be cancelled, I suppose and then the rest of the European shows. Festivals can be hard to postpone until later (due to being outdoor happenings), I think they will have move them to the next summer. Anything is fine for me (I saw them already on LegacyOfTheBeast'18), I can go to festival for 3rd LOTB-leg, but I would surely like to have Maiden do their own show here in Finland next year in support of the new album.
Maybe 2021 tour (whatever it will be then) starts from Australia& NZ..

Festivals can be hard to postpone until later (due to being outdoor happenings), I think they will have move them to the next summer
Major festivals can't be postponed. There are too many variables that are planned too long in advance to be able to put the event back by a few months. You can't just put a festival back by a year either because the main parts of the line-up will have been booked at least a year in advance.

Major festivals can't be postponed. There are too many variables that are planned too long in advance to be able to put the event back by a few months. You can't just put a festival back by a year either because the main parts of the line-up will have been booked at least a year in advance.

Correct, they simply can't be sure all the lineup especially the headliners can participate for the next summer.
If they only had their own show booked, it would have been easier to postpone a year later definitely.
So, to say, I think they have no choice but to fully cancel the festival-shows..
Thanks for replying @Black Wizard I think Im too tired as didn't think of this whole picture.

True. If you cancel the festival one year, you have absolutely no guarantee the main acts will be available one year later. Most likely they aren't. At least the big, headlining bands will have plans far aheead. I'm sure Nicko had planned next summer to refresh his flying chops and Adrian had already booked his fishing expedition in Patagonia.

Anyways, hope to see Maiden again. Next year or something..I will be there. Too bad this virus affected and changed all things for this year and I have to remind you that we haven't been in situation like this before. Stay safe, take care of your loved ones and so.

I think whatever happens the tour will start there next year regardless, they may simply rebook Japan but it seems the cancellations were the promoters call

The 2020 tour, apart from OZ/NZ, which were rescheduled, is doomed IMO.

The managment is only waiting for promoters' cancelations (via goverment orders), since that way the managment and IM don't need to pay for the damages.

The managment is only waiting for promoters' cancelations (via goverment orders), since that way the managment and IM don't need to pay for the damages.
And that will be a way to check how (frightfully) powerful the insurance lobby is (e.g for the moment, the Hellfest is being fucked out of reimbursement on a medical technicality). I'm trying to remain optimistic though (for them to get their money back, though they are big enough to weather the loss and resume next year - not optimisitc on the fact the festival will be maintained).

Last edited:
I wouldn't be reading too much into whether gigs are "cancelled" or "postponed" as being an indicator of Maiden's plans. It's more likely to do with how prepared the promoters are to refund people for their tickets.

Copenhell is cancelled.
Copenhell has been cancelled
1200px-Internet_Explorer_9_icon.svg.png

Anyone knows if the Paris show is indoors or outdoors? Curious if they will try to reschedule any shows in Europe for later on this year. Capacity is obviously an issue, but still they might cancel the outdoors and announce new arena dates.

Anyone knows if the Paris show is indoors or outdoors? Curious if they will try to reschedule any shows in Europe for later on this year. Capacity is obviously an issue, but still they might cancel the outdoors and announce new arena dates.

Paris is indoors.

I think what you have described is very likely. They could cover the European leg in 2 months this winter very easily. Possibly throw in a few arena dates in the UK as a replacement for download.

I doubt they will push the tour back into winter. @GhostofCain has emphasized before that Iron Maiden no longer tour in winter because they tended to get ill while touring at that time of year.

Paris is indoors.

I think what you have described is very likely. They could cover the European leg in 2 months this winter very easily. Possibly throw in a few arena dates in the UK as a replacement for download.

Thanks. Probably wishful thinking but I kind of need my Maiden fix. Essential for surviving winters in the UK. Especially for a southerner like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back