Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: response below is to Black Wizard

Normally, you'ld have a point.

But this isn't normal circumstances. If they have to reschedule everything for next year, that means all of what they had planned for next year get's pushed back a year as well. If they can squeeze in any obligations at some stage this year it might mean none of their future plans are affected.

Either that, or forget the whole tour, which would be my personal preference. Allow existing tickets be valid for a new album tour and refund anyone who wants a refund.

The thing is that NZ/OZ can easily go on in December, since, that's the time of summer there.

Europe is a different scenario, especially if they have plans for next year already. And to keep tickets valid for a possible album tour is impossible, since they have been sold as LOTB tickets.

EDIT: response below is to Black Wizard

Normally, you'ld have a point.

But this isn't normal circumstances. If they have to reschedule everything for next year, that means all of what they had planned for next year get's pushed back a year as well. If they can squeeze in any obligations at some stage this year it might mean none of their future plans are affected.

Either that, or forget the whole tour, which would be my personal preference. Allow existing tickets be valid for a new album tour and refund anyone who wants a refund.
Of course, but there's no guarantee that this virus will have gone by winter or won't flare up again so they could be putting themselves in danger by touring during winter. We also don't know how their travel might still be restricted at the end of the year. I think matic22's (and others') suggestion that they'll postpone the non-festival European dates until next summer as part of a new album tour is more likely.

And for the NZ and Australian shows, we don't even know when their travel restrictions will be lifted so there's no guarantee about when or if they can go ahead either.

And to keep tickets valid for a possible album tour is impossible, since they have been sold as LOTB tickets.

Not really. All they need to do is say that anyone who has an issue with it not being Legacy of the Beast can return their tickets and get a refund.

Not really. All they need to do is say that anyone who has an issue with it not being Legacy of the Beast can return their tickets and get a refund.

True. But that's more of a promoter thing than actually IM LLP's...

I doubt they will push the tour back into winter. @GhostofCain has emphasized before that Iron Maiden no longer tour in winter because they tended to get ill while touring at that time of year.
Or maybe, like a lot of folk, they're just more likely to be ill at that time of year anyway and just don't want it to mess up the tour.

I would guess the 2021 and 2022 tours have been at least roughly planned. Now it's just a matter of what territories for this year can be integrated into those itineraries. We're about due for an Ed Force One tour anyway, which makes adding extra countries more feasible.

The thing is that NZ/OZ can easily go on in December, since, that's the time of summer there.

Europe is a different scenario, especially if they have plans for next year already. And to keep tickets valid for a possible album tour is impossible, since they have been sold as LOTB tickets.
I was wondering: has a band ever offered to trade concert tickets (for a cancelled show) for a physical copy of the new album+vinyl+goodies (or T-shirt or whatever merch they deem suitable)? A band as big as Maiden would certainly be able to pull it off.

Of course, but there's no guarantee that this virus will have gone by winter or won't flare up again so they could be putting themselves in danger by touring during winter. We also don't know how their travel might still be restricted at the end of the year. I think matic22's (and others') suggestion that they'll postpone the non-festival European dates until next summer as part of a new album tour is more likely.

And for the NZ and Australian shows, we don't even know when their travel restrictions will be lifted so there's no guarantee about when or if they can go ahead either.

Nz haa said tough border restrictions could last 12 months or longer there show may get cancelled all together

I was wondering: has a band ever offered to trade concert tickets (for a cancelled show) for a physical copy of the new album+vinyl+goodies (or T-shirt or whatever merch they deem suitable)? A band as big as Maiden would certainly be able to pull it off.

Erm, it depends. There should always be a refund option. And also, if the event gets cancelled via goverment orders, that are promoter's expenses.

If a band member is unable to perform and the show is cancelled, refund is Iron Maiden LLP's expense. That's why they had Laz's son on stand-by.

Erm, it depends. There should always be a refund option. And also, if the event gets cancelled via goverment orders, that are promoter's expenses.

If a band member is unable to perform and the show is cancelled, refund is Iron Maiden LLP's expense. That's why they had Laz's son on stand-by.

I've seen this mentioned couple times on the forums, when did this came to known and by whom?

I believe it was a rumour amongst the IMFC members and someone brought it here.

But it makes perfect sense IMO, considering the age of Nicko and keeps the insurance bill low.
And from how I know the fanclub members I think it was from people who are quite reliable.

And from how I know the fanclub members I think it was from people who are quite reliable.

True. I think it was from Laz's son himself / Laz or something like that.

But yeah. Insuring a now 60+ band without any short-term backup plans is quite a financial task, I assume. But knowing that you can still fulfill your touring commitments without the oldest band member can bring the insurance fee down quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back