NOW WATCHING

Just saw The Hangover, Part 2. It was OK, and maybe slightly better than the first one. One thing that annoyed me was
that Teddie (bride's brother) took his finger-cutting so lightly - "Oh, where's my finger? Ah, nevermind, haha..." :down:

snake plissken said:
The Green Lantern. Painfully dull. 1/5.

I've been hearing this A LOT... don't know if I want to watch it now.

Watched Mr. Popper's Penguins. Far from Carrey's best, but not his worst. Stereotypical guy's an asshole and ignores his family, learns to feel and love through the help of extrenuating circumstance (in this case Penguins), and not an asshole by end of movie story. A couple of things bothered me regarding the mating rituals of the penguins, but I don't know if every species is different so I let it slide. Other than that, decent family film.

Watched the first episode of the British TV show Misfits, Hulu started carrying it.  Interesting show and it really does show that you can be much more risque on the BBC than you can on US TV (but have a lower special effects budget).  Also started watching the British show Doc Martin, first 3 episodes have been really good.

Only started watching Misfits recently, it's pretty good and at the same time it's a bit strange, but some LOL moments.

Nope, been too busy watching "Teen Wolf" on MTV. The main character tends to bitch too much, but then again, what teenager doesn't?

The only reason I started watching it is because it shares the name of the Michael J. Fox movie and wanted to know if it had anything in common aside from the name. It doesn't. We follow Scott McCall as he navigates through the teen angst that is high school with his best friend Stiles. Stiles is HILARIOUS, love that character. Anyway, Stiles' father is a police officer so he's always budding into investigations. He convinces Scott to go into the woods to investigate a recent murder. While in the woods Scott gets bitten by a werewolf and now he has that to deal with on top of "normal life." Actually a pretty cool series so far.

Black Wizard said:
Did anyone watch 'A Game of Thrones' on HBO/Sky Atlantic?

Have heard a lot of good things about the show, I think I'll pick it up/rent the DVDs when it comes out on DVD

A couple co-workers were right into it.
So I took a left turn and picked up in the books last weekend.
Just finished book one and I'm hooked.

snake plissken said:
Aliens was playing in Dublin tonight. Still astounding 5/5. My God how did the director of this make poison like Avatar  :mad:

I feel the same way, I always wondered why he didn't stick around and direct the 3rd and 4th. Well they really didn't need a 3rd and 4th...

Super High Me, a pretty interesting documentary about Pot.  Not a "smoker" myself, but laws against pot are just stupid.

Finally got through my Lord of the Rings extended Edition blu-rays. Predictably stunning. Love the new colouration and he sound is mind blowing.

Back