NOW WATCHING

I don't like Batman (sorry :) ). I forgot about X-Men - First Class, looking forward to that too. All 4 previous X-Men movies are amazing.

Night Prowler said:
I don't like Batman (sorry :) ). I forgot about X-Men - First Class, looking forward to that too. All 4 previous X-Men movies are amazing.

How the fuck do you not like Batman?

Well I don't like any of the 4 superheroes you mentioned in your above post. (except Iron Man) 

Come on, Joker is one of the best villains of all time. And with a character like Batman, the tone has to be dark.

Night Prowler said:
Well, I like Batman as a character, but I don't like other characters and the whole dark tone surrounding Batman movies.

But...Batman is so dark...

Batman said:
Well I don't like any of the 4 superheroes you mentioned in your above post. (except Iron Man) 

exactly.

I've been watching "True Story" movies on Lifetime. Laugh all you want, but that chick channel knows how to make movies about crazy people, murder, intrigue, drama... not just romantic cheesy bullshit. Say the "true story" of Natalee Holloway, the woman that disappeared in Bermuda and that Dutch guy... Van Der Sloot, was the suspect and eluded police for five years until he got arrested in Peru for the murder of another woman. They followed it with the Amanda Knox story, the American foreign exchange student in Italy, convicted of murdering her British roommate.

OK, I promise I'll rewatch all Nolan's Batman movies in a row when the third one appears and try to reconsider my statement :ok:

Just saw the season 6 finale of How I Met Your Mother, it was good. Too bad it'll be months of waiting 'till Season 7 :(

Night Prowler said:
OK, I promise I'll rewatch all Nolan's Batman movies in a row when the third one appears and try to reconsider my statement :ok:

LOL, its okay dude. I hated Inception and I don't think anyone in he world as ever forgiven me for it ;)

Just saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time. Great flick, I regret not seeing it earlier. I love how he constantly breaks the 4th wall.

Batman said:
Just saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time. Great flick, I regret not seeing it earlier. I love how he constantly breaks the 4th wall.

It is a great movie. If you like 4th wall breakers, did you see High Fidelity? Also great.

Batman said:

Fucking classic movie.  They don't make 'em like this anymore.  My current fave comedy (outside of The Big Lebowski, of course) is Hot Rod.  Amazing flick.

snake plissken said:
It is a great movie. If you like 4th wall breakers, did you see High Fidelity? Also great.
No I haven't. I'll have to look for that.

Has anyone here seen Black Dynamite? It's a parody of 1970s blaxploitation films starring Michael Jai White (Spawn, Mortal Kombat: Legacy). It is extremely hilarious.

The basic storyline is that Black Dynamite, a former CIA operative and veteran of the Vietnam War who is the prototypical blaxploitation superhero, skilled with kung-fu, the women, and gunplay, has been called back to The Streets after the death of his brother Jimmy, who was working for the CIA to take down a drug ring. Black Dynamite unleashes unholy terror on The Man, killing his agents as he uncovers a plan to shrink black men's....stature... A plan that goes all the way to the top.

The movie is fantastically quotable. Here's some of my favourites:

"Fiendish Doctor Wu! Your penchant for biological transmogrifications is only outmatched by your zeal for kung-fu treachery!"

"Hi, I'm Gloria, and this is Black Dynamite."
"My momma says my daddy's name is Black Dynamite." "Mine too!"
"Hush up little mommas, lotsa cats got that name."

"Not the orphans! I used to BE an orphan."

"Donuts don't wear alligator shoes."

Part of the movie's comedy is parodying the extremely low budget nature of blaxploitation films. The boom mike makes a few appearances in shots, one actor is so "bad" he reads his stage directions as if they were dialogue. "Who's in charge here?" "Sarcastically. I'm in charge." Shots have obvious filmography errors that were taken into the final cut due to hypothetical time or money restrictions.

If you can watch a film and enjoy the metaconcepts behind it, this one is for you. I laughed until I cried the first time I saw it.

Went to the cheap theater and saw Rango ... pretty good movie, had a nice combo of material for kids and adults (but probably for slightly older kids ... like 8 and over .. there were a few parts where I thought my daughter would have freaked if she was younger).

Easy A. 7/10. Glad they mentioned John Hughes because they ripped off every one of his GOOD movies. Which is actually a good thing. Decent effort from Emma Stone too.

Lost Batallion (1962), a tad cheesy in parts, but overall a good movie about the occupation of the Phillipeans and anti-Japaneese guerrillas

Back