NOW WATCHING

2 shows on VH1 classic today.

30 Years after the Blizzard-Ozzy Osbourne doc. Pretty good, very in depth. I'm not familiar with that album so it didn't have as much of an affect on me as it might've on someone who knows the album well.
Revolver Golden Gods Awards highlights-Pretty big disappointment actually. There were some good parts and some good performances. Corey Taylor doing Electric Eye with Loaded and Scott Ian doing a song with some new band was pretty cool. Sebastian Bach really sucked though. They only showed three awards. Motley Crue lifetime achievement award (which I think is stupid but I believe I commented on that already) Best Headbanger Award which went to William Shatner, and best album which went to A7X's Nightmare. I also like their performance but I was disappointed that they only showed the cover song.

Saw Bridesmaids this weekend. Really funny movie, kept laughing the whole time. Kristin Wiig is one of my favorite current SNL comedians and I'm glad Jon Aptow suggested she write a movie. She plays Annie, a woman for whom life is on a downward spiral after losing her baking business, her boyfriend ans subsequently her job. She is also about to lose her best-friend (Maya Rudolph, also from SNL) as hilarity ensues. Solid watch.

Super 8, really good movie.  They did a great job on this, cool effects, good story, and great characters.  One of the better ones that has come in the last few years IMO.

bearfan said:
Super 8, really good movie.   They did a great job on this, cool effects, good story, and great characters.  One of the better ones that has come in the last few years IMO.
REALLY looking forward to this. I love many of the early Spielberg movies and this looks like it might just reach that level.

I think it was close to his older films, to me it had the feel of a 1980s summer blockbuster (with modern effects that were not overdone and used to carry the story, versus being there to show how cool they can blow something up).

bearfan said:
I think it was close to his older films, to me it had the feel of a 1980s summer blockbuster (with modern effects that were not overdone and used to carry the story, versus being there to show how cool they can blow something up).

Sounds great, unfortunately I've to wait until August to see it :(

I guess most of you saw Schindler's List. Well, I didn't, but I'm planning to. Since I know that it's about holocaust, can anyone tell me are there any particular gory scenes?

Night Prowler said:
I guess most of you saw Schindler's List. Well, I didn't, but I'm planning to. Since I know that it's about holocaust, can anyone tell me are there any particular gory scenes?

There are many very harrowing scenes in it. There's no hold back whatsoever in the movie, nor should there be. People get executed like they were nothing but insects and then there's the girl in the red dress scene (I won't spoil it) there's the gas scene and many other horrific scenes. Bottom line, get ready to feel really really terrible watching this movie. Stunning and harrowing.

But you should feel terrible. The movie is designed to remind you that people were treated as less than insects in our history.

You need to know that.

And just saw Super 8.
Agree with Bearfan 100 per cent. Highly recommended.
Everything was like I was 12 again — the content of the movie and the way it looked.
Those kids could have been my friends.

PS Make sure you stick around for the credits.

I'll have to wait one more week to see Super 8. I'll eternally respect J.J. Abrams 'cause he created IMO the greatest TV series ever - "Lost".

Night Prowler said:
I'll have to wait one more week to see Super 8. I'll eternally respect J.J. Abrams 'cause he created IMO the greatest TV series ever - "Lost".

Really two of the best, Lost and Fringe is rapidly catching up to Lost IMO

Night Prowler said:
I agree, I just wanted to "prepare", since I rarely watch gory movies.

The gore will probably be the last thing you'll remember. Spielberg really achieved something special with this movie. Just get ready to feel woeful after it  :(

I'll see it next week.

I just saw Taken (also starring Liam Neeson). It's beyond awesome, one of the best action movies in the last decade. If I ever get kidnapped, I want Liam Neeson to save me :D

Btw:
liam-neeson-beat-that.jpeg

:D

Night Prowler said:
I'll see it next week.

I just saw Taken (also starring Liam Neeson). It's beyond awesome, one of the best action movies in the last decade. If I ever get kidnapped, I want Liam Neeson to save me :D

Btw:
liam-neeson-beat-that.jpeg

:D

:D that's quality!

So finally got around to watch X-Men: First Class. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, an x-men movie done right. The score was incredible, the pacing was good and the framing of the characters was brilliant. They don't spend half the movie building up Xavier and Erik, yet by the end you know exactly why they choose the paths that they do. Great movie and I'm totally getting the soundtrack.

Betty Blue. Hadn't seen it before. Went the long way about making you feel something, sneaky fucking sound track too just in case you've a black hole for a heart. Was expecting better to be honest but certainly not a bad move 3/5.

Back