Nicko McBrain

main_5abba-nicko-jpg.36957
Gah, I always see “Nicko Jr.” in this picture before I realize it’s his feet!

Damn just realised he's 72 now. Guy with the most demanding job in the band, playing demanding music, is getting pretty damn old. Not like the Stones with their standard mid tempo stuff. It's a marvel Nicko is still going. What a guy.

Damn just realised he's 72 now. Guy with the most demanding job in the band, playing demanding music, is getting pretty damn old. Not like the Stones with their standard mid tempo stuff. It's a marvel Nicko is still going. What a guy.
Yep. Even "post-stroke-simplified-fills" Nicko at the beginning of Future Past Tour while also 71 years old, he was still playing at a pretty high level. I still remember reading an old interview with Steve (FotD era, if I recall) where he said he couldn't imagine still playing while in their fifties. Look at 'em all now.

Yep. Even "post-stroke-simplified-fills" Nicko at the beginning of Future Past Tour while also 71 years old, he was still playing at a pretty high level. I still remember reading an old interview with Steve (FotD era, if I recall) where he said he couldn't imagine still playing while in their fifties. Look at 'em all now.
If he can keep going even while simplifying fills I'm fine with it.
Hell, Lars has been doing it for twenty five years .

Seriously though Nicko could probably play most of their stuff still. Maybe not the really complicated dexterity requiring hi hat work on stuff like RTTH though. I also listened to him playing Man on the edge live the other day. That's almost like a thrash metal song! Not sure he could do that one.

If he can keep going even while simplifying fills I'm fine with it.
Hell, Lars has been doing it for twenty five years .
Same. Fills aren't a make-or-break thing for me with Maiden. And he added a bunch of fills back in as Future Past progressed, so who knows where he's at now.

Back