Nicko McBrain

Wait, isn't it other way around?
If Nicko doesn't play it with his band, Maiden has a chance of playing it. Am I wrong or did Steve forbade Nicko of playing some songs because they planned to play it on TFP tour?

If it ain't Senjutsu - it's fake news.

Wait, isn't it other way around?
If Nicko doesn't play it with his band, Maiden has a chance of playing it. Am I wrong or did Steve forbade Nicko of playing some songs because they planned to play it on TFP tour?

If it ain't Senjutsu - it's fake news.
It was ATG and it was because Maiden never played it before and wanted to do it in near future.

I'm unsure if it's a "can't play" situation or if he's toning things down for an orchestral setting, or if he's just playing it safe and not wanting to take risks of making a mistake at such a big and unfamiliar gig.

It's likely that Nickos drumming will never quite get back to where it was, but there is no shame in that. He's been through a major medical event and is able to still play very well, his movements are fluid and we saw how much he improved over the course of last year's tour which was clearly a struggle at the start.

Nicko is healthy and happy, that's the most important thing.

I'm unsure if it's a "can't play" situation or if he's toning things down for an orchestral setting, or if he's just playing it safe and not wanting to take risks of making a mistake at such a big and unfamiliar gig.
I'm pretty sure it is. Considering the fills he cut out of Trooper for example, it seems like he can't do fast strikes with the left hand as of yet.

RTTH is a hi-hat bashing fest and requires fast strikes with both hands. I also think the stroke was a major reason that caused the abscence of Hallowed during TFP tour (lots of fills).

Nicko yesterday at Mountbatten Festival of Music 2024
Trooper (tempo is fine) and especially Wasted Years sound good. RTTH (and Hallowed) have always been difficult live songs, the fills were skipped by him. I doubt Maiden will play the former again. I hope he continues to recover, but even now he plays very well, he is a big warrior and that is remarkable. Maiden just need to pick the right songs.

He used a cool special Eddies-themed drum kit:

Attachments

• ndk.jpg
    ndk.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 12
  • ndk2.jpg
    ndk2.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 12
  • nicko.jpg
    nicko.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I think Nicko did fine performance and he must have been careful not to do any mistakes (like speeding) with the big orchestra.
By the way, just have to mention that as watched this performance it made me think how everlasting effect Maiden have had..no matter what people say, when Maiden someday retires and when they have passed, the music will live on..no doubt about that.

I was very honoured and I immediately agreed. Rehearsals have been great. My right hand doesn’t work very well, so I was super nervous about that. We got through the rehearsals really well, and we came in yesterday (March 4) with the full orchestra. The power and the sound of these great musicians in a 100 piece orchestra jamming Maiden was a joy to behold. I wanted to stop and listen to them, but I couldn’t do that. It has been wonderful.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/p...yal-marines-band-ahead-of-performance-4548675

According to Nicko, he is still not recovered. All the best, Nicko. We love you.
Nicko explaining his Mountbaten Festival kit. :)

So the Eddie with the bag is for ''Como Estais Amigos'' and is Nicko's favorite. They all are. Cool. Artworks are made by Akirant.

Back