Nicko McBrain

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but Tony Iommi and Ian Gillan formed a supergroup called 'WhoCares' and released a 2-track Single "Out Of My Mind/Holy Water" on 20th anniversary of the 1988 Armenian Earthquake as a fundraiser.

The song "Out Of My Mind" has Iommi and Linde Lindstorm on guitars, Gillan on vocals, Jon Lord on keyboard, Jason Newsted on bass and on drums, none other than NICKO!

About the project:

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but Tony Iommi and Ian Gillan formed a supergroup called 'WhoCares' and released a 2-track Single "Out Of My Mind/Holy Water" on 20th anniversary of the 1988 Armenian Earthquake as a fundraiser.

The song "Out Of My Mind" has Iommi and Linde Lindstorm on guitars, Gillan on vocals, Jon Lord on keyboard, Jason Newsted on bass and on drums, none other than NICKO!

About the project:

Have that, I think Holy Water is a great track

About the project:

A huge thanks for sharing THIS. <3 :ok:

Around 20 minute mark, Nicko explains how he joined Maiden. And it makes sense why there was some misinformation when he played his first show with Maiden.

- He played with Maiden for the first time on 9th of January 1983, BUT he was on a retainer contract for most of 1982 (probably same contract as Joe Lazarus was rumoured to be on a few years back for insurance reasons) and WAS GETTING PAID by Iron Maiden

- If Clive remained in the band, Nicko would record an album with Gary Moore. Probably what would eventually become Victims Of The Future.

- He attributes the stroke to stress because of the double cataract surgery he was scheduled for on that day (19th January 2023) and the house robbery he experienced in 2022 while he was on tour.

At around 37 minute mark, Nicko openly talks about what he can't play anymore because of the stroke and why.

Last edited:

Around 20 minute mark, Nicko explains how he joined Maiden. And it makes sense why there was some misinformation when he played his first show with Maiden.

- He played with Maiden for the first time on 9th of January 1983, BUT he was on a retainer contract for most of 1982 (probably same contract as Joe Lazarus was rumoured to be on a few years back for insurance reasons) and WAS GETTING PAID by Iron Maiden

- If Clive remained in the band, Nicko would record an album with Gary Moore. Probably what would eventually become Victims Of The Future.

- He attributes the stroke to stress because of the double cataract surgery he was scheduled for on that day (19th January 2023) and the house robbery he experienced in 2022 while he was on tour.

At around 37 minute mark, Nicko openly talks about what he can't play anymore because of the stroke and why.
Thanks

Back