New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought first I shouldn't listen to the samples, but then, in the end, I just couldn't really resist. Didn't get them the first time (not even WTWWB which seems now like the best song on the album  :o), but after a couple of days and listens they grew on me, and made me quite excited.  :P
So now when I get TFF and listen to it, I think the first time will sound much better than if I hadn't listened to those samples. I wouldn't have expected the samples to actually probably enhance my experience  :bigsmile:

Khan.

First of all I respect your decision to not post the lyrics here, simply because you promised not to.

Now I don’t want to pressure you for any information you don’t feel comfortable sharing. But if you feel up for answering a couple of questions, that would be amazing! If not, I completely understand.

1. Where the wild wind blows, is it true there is no chorus?
2. Isle of Avalon. Can you give any hint as to what this song is about?
3 The Man Who Would Be King. Does it give reference to a specific time/era, as in does it tell a specific story. Or is it ambiguous and vague.
5. What stands out to you? Does anything read as strong as BTATS or Pashendale.
6. Any cheesy lines to the point where you can’t help but cringe?

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, I'm a dutch maidenfan since 1992 and like all of you I can't wait to hear the new album.
Some interesting info for the dutch maidenfans on this forum (if there are any?): in Aardschok magazine there's an advertisement from the Free Record Shop about The Final Frontier + TFF T-shirt with the cover of the album as frontprint, and the dutch and english flag with Eddie logo as backprint.

mozzle said:
Khan.

First of all I respect your decision to not post the lyrics here, simply because you promised not to.

Now I don’t want to pressure you for any information you don’t feel comfortable sharing. But if you feel up for answering a couple of questions, that would be amazing! If not, I completely understand.

1. Where the wild wind blows, is it true there is no chorus?
2. Isle of Avalon. Can you give any hint as to what this song is about?
3 The Man Who Would Be King. Does it give reference to a specific time/era, as in does it tell a specific story. Or is it ambiguous and vague.
5. What stands out to you? Does anything read as strong as BTATS or Pashendale.
6. Any cheesy lines to the point where you can’t help but cringe?

Before I answer those, I'll catch up on a couple of questions that came up before I went to bed...

1) High-res scans of the lyrics do exist. I don't know if they can be found on the internet, though. If so, it's because someone broke a promise. That would be sad.

2) As far as I know "Buggerflicker" from the free forums, is not a member of the paid forums.

Ok....now to these. I don't think any of this is too revealing, so here goes...

1) WTWWB appears to have no chorus...and...it's not the only song that appears to have no chorus.
2) The introduction on this page gives some interesting insight into the subject of IOA as touched on within the song - http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/goddess.html
3) TMWWBK makes no reference of a time period, and is about a specific unnamed character. It's a story about something he has done, which follows him always.
4) You skipped #4....so I will also LOL
5) This is hard to answer, because I haven't heard but 30 second samples. Seeing as how these lyrics are so ambitious. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a song of that calibur here somewhere.
6) Not as such...however, I'm worried about how many times the term "Mother Goddess" appears in a song. It seems overly focused on and kinda...ummm...I don't know...new agey or something....you know what I mean? Not sure how to say it.

Back to bed....not sure why I awoke...but the temporary insomnia seems to be fading....nighty night.

Hey Khan, nice to see you here,

Hope you don't think I was out of line on the paid forums (different username) in regards to our Costa Rican friend. ;)  Is the artwork you and RayM have from the CD booklet?

I've decided....less than two weeks to go and I'm not going to download the leak at this point.  I'm going to wait for it to come out proper.  I realize that a Maiden are in their twilight years, there will come a time, sooner than later, that we no longer have new albums to look forward to at all, and two weeks will seem petty.  I must remain strong.

Granted, when I come on this forum and see that everyone else has downloaded the leak and goes "OMFG ROXXORS AWESOME ALBUM!!!!" then I'll probably completely cave and download it.  But...here's hoping i'm strong enough not to!

So, I'm guessing this will be the first Maiden album since Brave New World not to be introduced by Nicko?

Donner said:
So, I'm guessing this will be the first Maiden album since Brave New World not to be introduced by Nicko?

Sounds like a safe bet.  You would think it would kill the vibe of the Satellite 15 intro to hear Nicko.  It would kind of take away from the whole feel of being lost in space I would think.

Twarkle said:

Hope you don't think I was out of line on the paid forums (different username) in regards to our Costa Rican friend. ;)  Is the artwork you and RayM have from the CD booklet?

Twarkle said:

Nah...it's that Costa Rican fan that was out of line. What he said was ridiculously offensive.

The artwork is actually from an unfolded LP straight from the manufacturer. They had a few copies that had slight bends/creases in them.

Khan said:

Nah...it's that Costa Rican fan that was out of line. What he said was ridiculously offensive.

The artwork is actually from an unfolded LP straight from the manufacturer. They had a few copies that had slight bends/creases in them.

Thanks, I know some people weren't sure if they were actually from the album or not.  I assume they will also be included in the CD booklet as well.

Twarkle said:
Sounds like a safe bet.  You would think it would kill the vibe of the Satellite 15 intro to hear Nicko.  It would kind of take away from the who feel being lost in space I would think.

Which is more than fine with me.  His intros on the last two cannot be topped.  :edmetal:

Twarkle said:
Thanks, I know some people weren't sure if they were actually from the album or not.  I assume they will also be included in the CD booklet as well.

I hope so...but I don't know.

We're just two weeks away from hearing this thing...and reading the lyrics. Woohoo! At first, when they announced the album details, I thought we were gonna say a late September release or something. But August 17th really surprised me.

Stan said:
We're just two weeks away from hearing this thing...and reading the lyrics. Woohoo! At first, when they announced the album details, I thought we were gonna say a late September release or something. But August 17th really surprised me.

It it was a September release my head would have exploded by now.

I'm so excited my head is going to explode
asplode.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back