Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

As for Kai Hansen, I can bear him a little better, but I have never been able to take his voice seriously either. To me, he sounds like a character out of a children's cartoon.

Indeed. The whiny, pitiful servant of the dark overlord.

Albie said:
As for the change in weather, well, from where I stand spring is nearly here.

As I typed the phrase "from where I stand", it reminded me of an old Gillan song.

I love that song, one which was played to me from birth.

Perun said:
but I really can't tolerate his heavy German accent either (I know that sounds strange with me being German myself, but it's true).

But you like Grave Digger? :P

I just finished a 24 hour blood pressure test.
This freaking sleeve got my a massive rug burn, it itches like hell.

After watching Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" sketch,  I came to think about what kinds of expressions there are around the world that are used as euphemisms for death.

In Norwegian, we can for example say "Han har parkert tøflene" (he's parked his slippers) when someone is deceased.

Another is "gått heden" which is almost the same in Danish and Swedish, and means something like "gone to the other side".

So... "The Final Frontier"...

Weirdest Eddie ever, or weirdest Eddie ever..?

finalfrontier2.jpg

Just thought I'd do my bit for the cause.

I quite kuje the TFF Eddie. Obviously there is no guarantee this will be the final artwork, but I like it better than 4 of the last 5 album covers (BNW being the exception).

Brother Yax.  Hail Murray/Gers!

It's the weekend, the sun is shining, the snow is melting, and my waffle is cooking.  fucking great day so far.

I've been listening to Opeth lately.  Ever since the Opeth thread/discussion week I've been wanting to.  I say two thumbs up so far.

Alligator clips...been i while since i've dealt with them. I've replaced them with those plastic devices that look like medical injection, you pull the lever and a small claw comes out of the tube. Better and more flexible for low-voltage stuff i normally do.

Back