LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the first tour with Blaze seemed worse. Playing in low capacity theaters, many of them not sold out either, several US dates cancelled due to sickness, Blaze having trouble singing the old songs, and ending with the spitting incident in Chile..

I would say that the first tour with Blaze seemed worse. Playing in low capacity theaters, many of them not sold out either, several US dates cancelled due to sickness, Blaze having trouble singing the old songs, and ending with the spitting incident in Chile..
A thing that will be a forever remaining unsolved mystery for me btw: Why did it take TWO ALBUMS and TWO TOURS for Blaze himself to realize that he was in the wrong position? Was his ego just too big calling it a day himself but finally getting sacked? He could have realized even in the rehearsals already that these shoes were too big for him.

Last edited:
Serious question: Can it be that this is their most problematic tour ever?
Of the reunion era, without a doubt. I don't think any other's had as many distinct issues. Sure, there've been legs of tours where Bruce was ill or the band had to drop songs from the set, but not multiple, consistent problems combined with the stage set causing issues as well. Like, deflated inflatables or the awkwardly lengthy transition from Senjutsu to the cathedral.

Somewhere on Tour is probably up there with similar issues - Bruce being ill a lot, inflatables not working right, in that case a whole bunch of dropped/changed songs. LotB avoided the last one through Bruce's sheer stubbornness with Aces High, not that it's really a good thing.

A thing that will be a forever remaining unsolved mystery for me btw: Why did it take TWO ALBUMS and TWO TOURS for Blaze himself to realize that he was in the wrong position? Was his ego just too big to call it a day himself but finally getting sacked? He could have realized even in the rehearsals already that these shoes were too big for him.
It was Steve's and Rod's decision to hire Blaze. Not Blaze's one. Steve and Rod had plenty of demo tapes from better singers (Edu Falaschi, Michael Kiske, etc...). But, for some obscure reasons, that's Blaze who got the job. And, IMO, that was the best decision Steve could have taken. Not only I love dark Blaze's voice on both albums he has recorded, but without Blaze, Bruce might never have returned to the band if other singers as Edu Falaschi or Michael Kiske got the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back