LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Plague and pestilence notwithstanding, it's finally here!

Please try to keep tour spoilers to this thread as much as possible, for the enjoyment of fans who want to keep some surprises for the night of their show. :edmetal: (And yeah, I know, this is one LONG tour)

• MAY​

• Sun 22, Zagreb, CROATIA, Arena Zagreb, Special Guests Lord of the Lost
  • Tue 24 Belgrade, SERBIA, Stark Arena, Special Guests Lord of the Lost
  • Thu 26 Bucharest, ROMANIA, Romexpo Open Air, Special Guests, Lord of the Lost
  • Sun 29 Kyiv, UKRAINE, CANCELLED :'(
  • Tue 31 Kaunas, LITHUANIA, Zalgirio Arena, Special Guests Lord of the Lost

• JUNE​

• Wed 1 Moscow, RUSSIA, CANCELLED :'(
  • Thu 2, Riga, LATVIA, Riga Arena Special Guests Lord of the Lost
  • Sat 4 Hyvinkää, FINLAND Rockfest
  • Tue 7 Budapest, HUNGARY Groupama Arena, Special Guests Shinedown + Lord of the Lost
  • Sat 11 Donington Park, UK Download Festival (sorry, can't find a mud-related emoji)
  • Mon 13 Belfast, UK, Belsonic Festival Special Guests Shinedown + Airbourne + Tempt
  • Thu 16, Dessel, BELGIUM Graspop Metal Meeting
  • Sat 18 Copenhagen, DENMARK Copenhell Festival
  • Mon 20 Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC Sinobo Stadium, Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Thu 23 Oslo, NORWAY Tons of Rock Festival
  • Sun 26 Paris, FRANCE Paris La Defense Arena Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Mon 27 Arnhem, NETHERLANDS GelreDome, Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Thu 30 Zurich, SWITZERLAND Hallenstadion, Special Guests Lord of the Lost

• JULY​

• Sat 2 Cologne, GERMANY, RheinEnergieStadion Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Mon 4 Berlin, GERMANY, Waldbühne Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Thu 7 Bologna, ITALY Sonic Park Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Sat 9 Stuttgart, GERMANY Cannstatter Wasen Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Sun 10 Wiener Neustadt, AUSTRIA Stadium Open-Air, Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Wed 13 Sofia, BULGARIA Arena Armeec, Special Guests Lord of the Lost
  • Sat 16 Athens, GREECE Olympic Stadium, Special Guests Airbourne + Lord of the Lost
  • Wed 20 Bremen, GERMANY Bürgerweide Special Guests Powerwolf :eek: + Airbourne
  • Fri 22 Gothenburg, SWEDEN Ullevi Stadium, Special Guests The Hellacopters + Airbourne
  • Sun 24 Warsaw, POLAND PGE Narodowy Special Guests Within Temptation + Lord of the Lost
  • Tue 26 Frankfurt, GERMANY Deutsche Bank Park Special Guests Powerwolf + Airbourne
  • Fri 29 Barcelona, SPAIN Olympic Stadium, Special Guests Within Temptation + Airbourne
  • Sun 31 Lisbon, PORTUGAL Estadio Nacional, Special Guests Within Temptation + Airbourne

• AUGUST​

• Sat 27 Curitiba, BRAZIL Pedreira Paulo Leminski Special Guests TBA
  • Tue 30 Ribeirão Preto, BRAZIL Arena Eurobike Special Guests TBA

• SEPTEMBER​

• Fri 2 Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL Rock in Rio :rocker:
  • Sun 4 São Paulo, BRAZIL Estádio do Morumbi Special Guests TBA
  • Wed 7 Mexico City, MEXICO, Foro Sol. Very Special Guests Mastodon
  • Sun 11 El Paso, TX, USA Don Haskins Center Very Special Guests Trivium

• Tue 13
    Austin, TX, USA, Moody Center, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Thu 15 Tulsa, OK, USA, BOK Center Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Sat 17 Denver, CO, USA, Ball Arena, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Mon 19 Salt Lake City, UT, USA, USANA Amphitheatre Very Special Guests, Trivium
  • Wed 21 Anaheim, CA, USA, Honda Center Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Thu 22 Anaheim, CA, USA, Honda Center, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Sun 25 Chula Vista, CA, USA, North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Tue 27 Concord, CA, USA, Concord Pavilion, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Thu 29 Seattle, WA, USA, Climate Pledge Arena, Very Special Guests Trivium
  • Fri 30 Spokane, WA, USA, Spokane Arena, Very Special Guests Trivium

• OCTOBER​

• Mon 3, Sioux Falls, SD, USA, Denny Sanford Premier Center, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Wed 5 Chicago, IL, USA, United Center, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Fri 7 Columbus, OH, USA, Nationwide Arena Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Sun 9 Detroit, MI, USA, Little Caesars Arena, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Tue 11 Toronto, ON, CANADA, Scotiabank Centre, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Wed 12 Hamilton, ON, CANADA, FirstOntario Centre Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Sat 15 Ottawa, ON, CANADA, Canadian Tire Centre, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Mon 17 Worcester, MA, USA, DCU Center, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Wed 19 Belmont Park, NY, USA, UBS Arena Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Fri 21 Newark, NJ, USA, Prudential Center, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Sun 23 Washington, DC, USA Capital One Arena, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Tue 25 Greensboro, NC, USA, Greensboro Coliseum Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Thu 27 Tampa, FL, USA, Amalie Arena, Very Special Guests Within Temptation
  • Fri 28 Probably round to Nicko's place for ribs and a good rest

anybody else going to attend the Frankfurt show July 26? will be pleased to have a Coke with other forum folks from this place before the show. :)

This could have been the album tour, but people paid to see LOTB and it was the band's original plan this tour to have 3 legs, so this is the right choice.

Plus we will get (at least) 3 songs from the new album and we have an improved stage decor! We may also have some changes to the old classics. Best of the best! :yey:

I wonder if the questions of the journalists will be only about the new album... LOTB had its moment in 2018-2019.

Anyway, it's always exciting when a new tour begins. Looking forward to it. :)

I'm really gutted to not be seeing them on this run despite seeing LOTB in Aberdeen. It's been so long.

Hoping to find someone doing a live stream tonight so I can catch the beginning of the tour.

I like their kind of stage show. For me, the music itself and seeing the band play should still be the most exciting part of the evening.
With Rammstein I have the feeling it's the stage and the props.
Besides, the band themselves seem to have a different take on it anyway. I am translating from my Classic Rock magazine about the "Legacy Of The Beast" tour:
"When I saw this stage for the first time, I thought, my God, this is almost a touch too much, you know?" admits Adrian, who is perplexed by the whole thing. "It's pretty incredible. But our music has always been dramatic and just begged for production, ever since the days of "Phantom Of The Opera", "Iron Maiden" and so on. As long as nothing gets in the way of my amp, they can do whatever they want. I did get a little too close to Bruce's flamethrower during rehearsals, though...." Uhhh, flamethrower? "Yeah, man," chuckles Dave, a person who has apparently never been in a bad mood. "We have to be a little careful. Bruce is playing with fire now, so you don't want to get in his way. He also had some great ideas for costumes and other little funny things here and there. He had great fun."

My stetlist prediction. Safe variant.

Senjutsu
Stratego
Writing On the Wall

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clansman
Trooper

Revelations
Sign of the Cross
The Wicker Man Flight Of Icarus
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

Last edited:
I wonder if Nicko will use a different drum kit for this 3rd leg... I doubt it because the original is great, but he mentioned in an interview that he has such an idea. It will be a surprise for sure.

His other idea was to have a big Japanese kodo drums in front of the stage for the intro of the title track, but he was not sure about it.

My stetlist prediction. Safe variant.

Senjutsu
Stratego
Writing On the Wall

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clansman
Trooper

Revelations
Sign of the Cross
The Wicker Man
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
This looks pretty damn realistic. They won't drop Icarus though; it's too prominently featured in the tour artwork.

I wonder if Nicko will use a different drum kit for this 3rd leg... I doubt it because the original is great, but he mentioned in an interview that he has such an idea. It will be a surprise for sure.

His other idea was to have a big Japanese kodo drums in front of the stage for the intro of the title track, but he was not sure about it.
At the very least, he'll be using a different kit to LOTB 2018/2019, because he's with British Drum Company now. Whether it's the BDC kit with the "stained glass" wrap design, or something entirely new remains to be seen.

Here's my (probably) final, mostly-realistic prediction:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. The Trooper

5. Aces High
6. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns or These Colours Don't Run
7. 2 Minutes To Midnight

8. Revelations
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus

11. The Number of the Beast