LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rod and Steve forced him with a gun in their hands into the job? He could easily have said no.
Maybe Blaze thought that Steve would have changed the sound of his band to fit his voice ? The X Factor was a very dark record with some low tones which were perfect for Blaze's voice. Steve should have lower Bruce's songs a tone or two so Blaze can sing them easier. The result on stage should have been really different and people could have said that Blaze was a nice singer doing no false note on Bruce's songs.

This sounds almost identical to his previous timing issue. It’s got to be the monitors. He even looks to Nicko like he’s hearing something different.

First night of this leg of the tour.

Miscues like this are common, given the above.

Are some of the dramatic reactions in this thread hyperbole, trolling, attempts at comedy, or a mix of all three?

I think Bruce had some timing issues with NOTB during at least one of the European gigs too?

As for RTTH, he's been singing it for the better part of 40 years, it should be completely autopilot at this stage. Clearly something is going wrong if he's starting to struggle with timing now.

Three nights on the trot and on-and-off all year before that? Come on.

Partially agreed -- and to give a bit of ground to your side, Bruce should be able to tell by looking at Nicko's movements (if not Davey, H, and Janick's movements) which part of RTTH they're on at any given moment.

That being said, many threads on the Rush boards alluded to the first few nights of the new leg of a tour as an adjustment period for Geddy Lee.

A thing that will be a forever remaining unsolved mystery for me btw: Why did it take TWO ALBUMS and TWO TOURS for Blaze himself to realize that he was in the wrong position? Was his ego just too big calling it a day himself but finally getting sacked? He could have realized even in the rehearsals already that these shoes were too big for him.

Steve-music-genius-Harris hired him and kept him in for 2 albums & 2 tours.
He could choose from the best singers in the world and he chose him.

And you wonder why Blaze didn’t realize it by himself?

Maybe the timing issue could be due to Gonzo has retired too. Anyone knows if this guy has retired? Because he has been the soundcheck of monitors and mics guy.
Anyway that’s no excuse the new guy fails so often.

First night of this leg of the tour.

Miscues like this are common, given the above.

Are some of the dramatic reactions in this thread hyperbole, trolling, attempts at comedy, or a mix of all three?
Bruce has had consistent timing issues throughout the whole 2022 tour. I saw them in Cologne and he had trouble on a few occasions, like TNOTB for example, and very noticeable issues on RTTH. It's neither hyperbolic, trolling nor is it funny to point out that something's going wrong.

I don't think it's something health related, or something that can't be fixed. It's probably something as simple as not having enough monitors up there, or miscalibrated ones. If only Bruce could finally adapt and switch to IEM all of this could be prevented.

Maybe the timing issue could be due to Gonzo has retired too. Anyone knows if this guy has retired? Because he has been the soundcheck of monitors and mics guy.
Anyway that’s no excuse the new guy fails so often.
Gonzo is still working. However, he has only been doing Steve's monitoring for years now.

Does IEM have hearing protection? Must be a reason he doesn't want to switch from ear plugs.
Yes, they function as both monitor headphones and earplugs.

Maiden don't have ambience microphones. So, if Bruce goes on IEMs, he will be isolated from the audience as the guitarists are now. I think he would hate that.
So they add a couple audience mics and mix it into Bruce’s IEM. This isn’t rocket science, it’s stubbornness.

So they add a couple audience mics and mix it into Bruce’s IEM. This isn’t rocket science, it’s stubbornness.
This is true.

However, some people just don't get along with IEMs. I know one of those was Josh Klinghoffer formerly of RHCP and many others.

Maybe Bruce tried them before and just didn't get along with them. I think possible solution would be for him to wear them just when he sings on the platform (thats also when most timing issues happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back