LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so apparently Bruce can't do justice for Flight of Icarus anymore. Time to drop it, unfortunately. Aces High too, as it shouldn't be in the encore anyway. Run to the Hills is terribly slow so they might just as well ditch it at this point. Senjutsu doesn't really work as a opener, so it needs to go too and I'm afraid Stratego might get too tough for Nicko in the end, so that needs some serious consideration as well.

sorry i'm clearly having too much "fun" here nowadays

Okay, so apparently Bruce can't do justice for Flight of Icarus anymore. Time to drop it, unfortunately. Aces High too, as it shouldn't be in the encore anyway. Run to the Hills is terribly slow so they might just as well ditch it at this point. Senjutsu doesn't really work as a opener, so it needs to go too and I'm afraid Stratego might get too tough for Nicko in the end, so that needs some serious consideration as well.

sorry i'm clearly having too much "fun" here nowadays
"Well, that's a cozy 10 minutes then" - Derek Smalls This is Spinal Tap

Last edited:
Joking aside, Bruce often is a bit rusty on the first show of any tour. Or maybe he's been a bit too excited about the new Aces High beer... :p

Regardless, I hope we'll get some great Rock in Rio footage!

Would it kill them to at least swap just ONE song? Like Infinite Dreams or Alexander the Great over The Clansman?

I got tickets for both Maiden and Priest in October. I'm actually a little more excited to see Priest because they always change up their setlists between legs on their tours. Firepower Tour was a great example.

Would it kill them to at least swap just ONE song? Like Infinite Dreams or Alexander the Great over The Clansman?

They'd totally rehearse a song they have not played live with the current line-up or at all for rotation with a semi-classic with decent amount of setlist stints that is also a big live favourite! ;)

Okay okay.

Of course it wouldn't kill and yes, it would be cool if there was some slight rotation, but then again... rotating deep cuts around would certainly make people bummed about missing the one they wanted to hear. Rotating setlist staples would work very well in my opinion, but to be honest, if I attended... say, 2 to 10 shows on the same tour, I'm not sure if getting 2 Minutes to Midnight on some nights and The Trooper on some would make things that much more exciting, really.

I get your point and agree that it would be great, but looking at Maiden setlist approach and show structure, the somewhat realistic chances for a song rotation, even speculatively speaking, are probably very limited and the extra value it would give might be... surprisingly enough, not necessarily that big.

Dance of Death/Paschendale in 2010 was a great try, though!

It looks like Bruce really reserves himself at the beginning of each leg so he has plenty left in the tank for the entire tour and doesn't blow out early.

I expect the same here he will really hit his peak a few shows in, which is a reason i 100% prefer to see them after they have done a few shows these days not at the beginning of a tour

Joking aside, Bruce often is a bit rusty on the first show of any tour. Or maybe he's been a bit too excited about the new Aces High beer... :p

Regardless, I hope we'll get some great Rock in Rio footage!
Let's hope so.

About Bruce's perfromance, he will warm up with every show. I don't think he saves his voice for the later shows. His vocals were great in the first shows in 2018 and this year. You can't be in top form during the whole tour. I think he chooses not to hit the high notes in Aces High sometimes because as he said it's one of most difficult songs for him to perform live.
Would it kill them to at least swap just ONE song?

I got tickets for both Maiden and Priest in October. I'm actually a little more excited to see Priest because they always change up their setlists between legs on their tours. Firepower Tour was a great example.
Firepower Tour was indeed the first ''big'' example of setlist rotation for Priest, but Maiden have never been a band that often change songs between legs of a tour - although every tour had a few changes for it. This time the changes for the tour are the 3 new songs (maybe an unexpected amount for some) and Blood Brothers/plus the new SJ & LOTB stage sets. A month off was enough time for every member to rehearse some song (it's not like they have to rotate two songs every night like they did in 2010), but with two months left of the tour, maybe they didn't want to make changes to the show structure (backdrops and stuff). Anyway, I think the surprises for this year's tour are good.

Last edited:
Crazy watching that Icarus video and realising 2018 was only four years ago. At least Bruce isn't straining to hit notes he has no chance of hitting.

Don't want to sound like a broken record but seriously boys, swallow your pride and tune down for everyone's sake.
Bruce has delivered so many good performances in 2022 and people take a video of one bad night to claim that he can’t sing anymore or that they should tune down (which is not such a simple fix).

Iron Maiden hired the same plane that was used by Presidential candidate Lula da Silva in Brasil. It is 30.3 meters in length and 28.7 meters in wingspan.

E29DA0DC-391B-45C2-ABAB-B489095D0242.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back