LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aces High has sounded rough all tour, Copenhell in particular was really bad. I do think he got better towards the end of the European leg, so he might need a few shows to warm up.

Aces High has sounded rough all tour, Copenhell in particular was really bad. I do think he got better towards the end of the European leg, so he might need a few shows to warm up.
That's why he joked about some replacement that he would like to choose this time. Because he knows that he can't sing as well as before his past cancer anymore. When he was younger, he couldn't sing as well as between 2000 and 2010 too. His best years as the singer of Maiden were during the post-reunion era until En Vivo. After The Book Of Souls, his skills began to decrease a little bit in the highest notes, but it's normal seeing his previous health state. I wonder if his speaking tour about his book and souvenirs is not the origin of his difficulties to sing nowadays... As he said himself that speaking is not natural and can damage the vocal cords without using vocal technique.

Last edited:
That's why he joked about some replacement that he would like to choose this time. Because he knows that he can't sing as well as before his past cancer anymore. When he was younger, he couldn't sing as well as between 2000 and 2010 too. His best years as the singer of Maiden were during the post-reunion era until En Vivo. After The Book Of Souls, his skills began to decrease a little bit in the highest notes, but it's normal seeing his previous health state. I wonder if his speaking tour about his book and souvenirs is not the origin of his difficulties to sing nowadays... As he said himself that speaking is not natural and can damage the vocal cords without using vocal technique.

His decline as a singer post lockdown is particularly striking. He sounded awesome in 2018, not so much for the most part of the 2019 leg, but I could not have anticipated the drop in quality we are witnessing this year.

His decline as a singer post lockdown is particularly striking. He sounded awesome in 2018, not so much for the most part of the 2019 leg, but I could not have anticipated the drop in quality we are witnessing this year.
Has it really been that bad? From the little footage I have seen he sounds better than 2019 IMO.

Seems like Bruce is sick again
Probably, yes. It's happening to him again. Too bad the potential RIR live stream is a few days away.
Because he knows that he can't sing as well as before his past cancer anymore. When he was younger, he couldn't sing as well as between 2000 and 2010 too. His best years as the singer of Maiden were during the post-reunion era until En Vivo. After The Book Of Souls, his skills began to decrease a little bit in the highest notes, but it's normal seeing his previous health state. I wonder if his speaking tour about his book and souvenirs is not the origin of his difficulties to sing nowadays... As he said himself that speaking is not natural and can damage the vocal cords without using vocal technique.
His singing in 2018 was as good as his singing in the early 2000's imo. I think his best years were between 1997 and 2011, but let's also not forget that he had problems. He is still a fantastic (and constant) vocalist and can hit the high notes in the songs. I doubt his book tour shows are a problem.
He doesn't sound that bad this year (only during Aces High), that's an exaggeration. In fact, he sounds great to me throughout the tour so far (better than 2019, for which there were recordings of a new album and a tour immediately after). No metal singer can sing these difficult songs perfectly every night. And he never sounded strained to me at all.
Even worst than Bruce voice is this slow tempo of song.
It's the last song in the set, give some credit to Nicko. Aces High should never have been the last song in the setlist, it's too much for Bruce. It works great, but I think it's a BIG mistake and I blame the Spitfire. He will have better performances, but some of them are worse than the ones in 2014.

Last edited:
His voice was better in timbre and more secure this year than in the past 5 or so years; it seems it has healed a lot indeed. The timing issues seem relatively new though. @Cain, your concept of “give it all as if there’s no tomorrow” doesn’t work for singers.

I do not remember the massive timing issues the guy is having this year and he does sound (to me) more strained than before the pandemic. Here's hoping it is not a sign of things to come. :)

Either way, it does not bode well for the Rock in Rio broadcast...
The timing issues are definitely worrying, it began in 2018 and has just gotten worse.

I agree about the timing issues being quite notable this year, but other than that, most of his performances from this summer have been quite great! At least that's how I feel about it; not quite 2018 heights, but a lot better than 2019 and he nailed pretty much everything in the show I attended (Riga); Hallowed and Icarus were absolutely impressive performances, for example!

But yeah, his consistency has notably come down over time. And he seems to get sick more easily nowadays, especially when travelling... eh, outside Europe, it seems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back