LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
has told the Associated Press that he will not be sitting in the pilot's seat when he and his bandmates return to the road later this year. "Oh, no, no, no, no," he said. "We're going to be flying and I'm going to be in the back. Hey, look, I'm 63 — I'm 64 in August. You know, when you get to 65, if you're an airline pilot, they just take you out the back and shoot, right? So, I'm going to be sitting in the back being the backseat driver."

I've always admired Bruce doing different things. The odd TV show, radio DJ and pilot. I know this isn't the Bruce Dickinson thread but I do think it's very cool!

It is cool but only if he keeps his main focus on what made him successful in the first place, which is music.
I'd say he has done, wouldn't you? Besides, he doesn't even fly or DJ anymore so I'd say his main focus is his music and never-ending one man shows :lol:

I'd say he has done, wouldn't you? Besides, he doesn't even fly or DJ anymore so I'd say his main focus is his music and never-ending one man shows :lol:
I am sure he sings with all his heart, but why doesn't he spend the energy he uses in the never-ending shows among other things to write new IM songs or finish the solo album, especially when he has been praised about his solo stuff ? This is what bothers most people I think.

I might be a bit too easily tricked to spend my money on Maiden stuff or whatever, but from all the Maiden products aside from music or other media (not including games) they/Bruce could come up with... I'm actually quite fine with the beer, really. At least when it's Robinsons... :)

Would you want someone to dictate to you what you should focus on in your life? I wouldn't think so...
No I wouldn't, and I agree Bruce as a person is free to do whatever he wants to do. What I mean is that if his goal as a professional is to attract more fans and to gain more success, then his best option is to focus on music because that is where he is the brilliant the most.

then his best option is to focus on music because that is where he is the brilliant the most.

A rather unfair observation, as we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales--
- Bilbo Baggins
(movie adaption)

No but seriously speaking I agree that if I could choose, I'd obviously take new music from him rather than other stuff. I'm not particularly bothered by his other activities though. Some are more interesting to me than others, but I'm quite happy with what I've got and all the more happy about the fact that there's still more (music) to come!

No I wouldn't, and I agree Bruce as a person is free to do whatever he wants to do. What I mean is that if his goal as a professional is to attract more fans and to gain more success, then his best option is to focus on music because that is where he is the brilliant the most.
His focus has been on music for the majority of his life. He's 64 now and a cancer survivor and wants to do other things as well. He's already had (and still has) success in the music industry that the vast majority of people will never, ever have. He's the type that would become quite bored with life focusing on just one thing.

Last edited:
A rather unfair observation, as we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales--
- Bilbo Baggins
(movie adaption)

No but seriously speaking I agree that if I could choose, I'd obviously take new music from him rather than other stuff. I'm not particularly bothered by his other activities though. Some are more interesting to me than others, but I'm quite happy with what I've got and all the more happy about the fact that there's still more (music) to come!
Oh yeah, from a strictly selfish standpoint I wish he and Maiden could release new music all the time. But I would never demand it. Let them live their lives. Anything we get musically from them now is a bonus.

His focus has been on music for the majority of his life. He's 64 now and wants to do other things as well. He's already had (and still has) success in the music industry that the vast majority of people will never, ever have. He's the type that would become quite bored with life focusing on just one thing.
Oh yeah, from a strictly selfish standpoint I wish he and Maiden could release new music all the time. But I would never demand it. Let them live their lives.
Right and they have a vast majority of back catalogue now. The History/Hits tours are the reason why we don't have a new album every 3 years. Agree about Bruce and we knew his return to Maiden was at the expense of his solo career, but it would be great if we had more solo albums from him (since he doesn't tour for them). His one man shows are also cool with the acapella performances.

I see Bruce as any person in a profession where you can rise up the ranks. While young you grind it out, work your ass off to move up- then once you have paid your dues and reached a certain level maybe you chill a bit. Maybe you explore some other paths.

Now I don’t mean artistically- that’s a life long thing- but we all have other outlets for creativity.

Can you imagine if you worked as a checkout at a super market- busted your hump for 40+ years of your life- working doubles and 6 days a week…then after over 40 years you decide to take up a bit of golf and a few days off a week; but then everyone is like ‘what the fuck! Get your ass back in there and scan some more produce bud!’

Personally- I’d be like ‘nah- I’ll play golf then maybe see you on Thursday for a few… maybe…. If your lucky.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back