LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ESL :) Eddie usually appears during more upbeat, uplifting songs or song sections (like in TBOS), not heavy or moody ones. Was there ever Remember tomorrow Eddie or Hallowed Eddie? And by the way, the overt seriousness and lack of lighthearted material is what I miss the most in TXF, AMOLAD etc. Guess also the Maiden hapiness factor is very personal, otherwise Jan wouldn't dance to WTWWB, and to Davey they're all happy :cool:
That's it... you nailed it! Next tour I want Senjutsu Eddie showing up during Darkest Hour with a cigar in his mouth (lit, of course), a puppet English Bulldog by his side , as a chair and a table with a tea service ascend from the ground. He then remains seated for the rest of the song with a thoughtful and apprehensive pose (a la Rodin's The Thinker). He's only allowed a couple of taps on the puppet dog and three make belief sips of tea before he leaves slowly with both hands behind his back. ;)

Also transition from Doctor Doctor straight into thud-thud and opening riff of Senjutsu is a bit unusual. Nothing to set the mood and create additional tension.
Yeah, I think some mystical/battle sounds will be a good addition. Or a video intro for the album tour (like the one for TBOS tour) - that would be great.
Eddie usually appears during more upbeat, uplifting songs or song sections (like in TBOS), not heavy or moody ones.
That's true. He also never appeared at the end of a song before and during the 1st song in the set.

Yeah, I think some mystical/battle sounds will be a good addition. Or a video intro for the album tour (like the one for TBOS tour) - that would be great.

That's true. He also never appeared at the end of a song before and during the 1st song in the set.

The cynic in me thinks that Eddie appears during the first song to keep the audience engaged…

Next you'll be telling me the "in a country churchyard" line in Empire of the Clouds wasn't actually inspired by Chris de Burgh's "In a Country Churchyard".

I neither know what you're getting at, nor why Chris de Burgh is a hot topic all of a sudden.

I saw that change in Hyvinkää Rockfest (due to the show being in sunny Finnish evening) and it worked remarkably well. Very smooth all the way and like true professionals.

I have not watched it myself (yet) but this is what Kerrang! writes:

..."It's to their massive credit that those songs hold up against what's coming next, because after a set-change so drilled it'd put certain Formula One pit crews to shame, it's (back in) time for the Legacy Of The Beast set proper. "It's been a shit few years for all of us," announces Bruce, "but that all ends in this field tonight." There's no more poignant soundtrack for a cathartic outpouring than the magnificent Blood Brothers, which sees arms around shoulders and damp eyes across site. The Sign Of The Cross is dramatic reminder that there was brilliance even in Maiden's weakest era. Spots of sublime silliness – Bruce struggling to wield dual flamethrowers and a mic during Flight Of Icarus, then emerging for Fear Of The Dark in a ludicrous phallic-mask/top-hat combo – somehow only heighten our affection for those uber-classics...."

Author: Sam Law

Yeah, following Senjutsu & some posts about Darkest Hour I can see the controversy now. Quite a cynic he was.
I heard he once said something like "We will fight until the last Indian soldier" but I couldn't find that quote. Are you aware of it?

No, sorry. Churchill has been quoted saying 'I hate the Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion', so I am sure he probably had loads of other awful quotes about Indians.

No, sorry. Churchill has been quoted saying 'I hate the Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion', so I am sure he probably had loads of other awful quotes about Indians.

So inappropriate thing to say for a leader. Even off the record and he probably was on.
It's worrying that until 2002 he was considered to be the greatest Briton to ever lived. It's also telling as to what extent the public opinion can get manipulated in the free world.
And it's even more worrying that Bruce has maintained his admiration (read worship) about him.

@LooseCannon is it true Churchill has said something like "we will fight until last Indian soldier"?

Last edited:
The realist in me thinks the Samurai Eddie appears in Senjutsu since it wouldn't make any sense to appear in The Clansman, Sign of the Cross or indeed any other song. Also, if Eddie appears to keep the crowd engaged then it's a good thing he also appears in that well known dud that usually inspires fans to go to the bar/take a piss, The Trooper.

Last edited:
The melody under the chorus in Senjutsu is played only by Adrian or by Adrian and Janick?

The melody in the outro is played by the Three Amigos, I guess.

The melody under the chorus in Senjutsu is played only by Adrian or by Adrian and Janick?

The melody in the outro is played by the Three Amigos, I guess.
Adrian and Janick both play chorus in Senjutsu, while Davey only chords.

The outro melody seems to be played by all three, although Janick seems to be faking it

The cynic in me thinks that Eddie appears during the first song to keep the audience engaged…
That was my initial thought as well, since it's so odd for Maiden to put him in the opening song. Maybe during rehearsals they realized it needed something extra to energize the crowd, since the song itself miiiiiiight not do the job.

But during the last album tour Eddie appeared on Book of souls (the song), which in my opinion consists of 5 minutes of nothing happening....before anything happens at all

Last edited:
But during the last album tour Eddie appeared during Book of souls (the song), which in my opinion consists from 5 minutes of nothing happening....before anything happens at all
Oddly enough I feel the same way about The Red and the Black. For me most of the first 5 minutes is unnecessary but then around the 4:45 mark transitions into something so beautiful and triumphant that it makes my Top 15 Maiden favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back