LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never thought I was going to see this during a Maiden concert (first 2 minutes)

That is a very ingenious use of sundeck chairs!!

The changeover between realms looks really odd in daylight, although I am sure someone will point out that you had to be there to appreciate the greatness of that transition and how short those 2 minutes (to church time) felt. :D

That is a very ingenious use of sundeck chairs!!

The changeover between realms looks really odd in daylight, although I am sure someone will point out that you had to be there to appreciate the greatness of that transition and how short those 2 minutes (to church time) felt. :D
The words from the band saying…this is the greatest production we had ever… well…The sundeck chairs and the church panels (some kind of flag material) cheaper than other bands using…:ninja:

It's a shame as in an arena under cover of darkness it makes for a spectacular reveal of the church set, but in broad daylight it's just awful. They could have even put a short video on to distract the crowd from the changeover. Like you know, an extended Churchills speech before going into Aces High (at a reasonable tempo)

One of the roadies look like one of Bruce's sons. I am fairly certain one of Steve's daughter works in the Killer Krew, wonder if there are any other family members in the crew.

Also transition from Doctor Doctor straight into thud-thud and opening riff of Senjutsu is a bit unusual. Nothing to set the mood and create additional tension. IESF had the smoking cauldron bit and TFF that piece from Adrian's laptop... Soundtrack intros, Churchill's speech... The song itself is overlong but still... And Eddie appearing during a serious and rather unhappy song is also a first, I think.

The change over in broad daylight looks very awkward to say the least. Crowd standing there in silence while a bunch of people dismantle the set.

It also makes the stage set look real cheap. Ripping off a bunch of fabric to reveal more fabric lol

100% works in the dark as all the flaws are hidden. Cheap and weird in daylight

And Eddie appearing during a serious and rather unhappy song is also a first, I think.
Has he ever appeared during a happy song? I'm not sure there are happy Maiden songs. The previous songs for walk-on Eddie were The Trooper and The Book of Souls. Both are serious and.. well, not exactly happy.. For me atleast.

Has he ever appeared during a happy song? I'm not sure there are happy Maiden songs. The previous songs for walk-on Eddie were The Trooper and The Book of Souls. Both are serious and.. well, not exactly happy.. For me atleast.
Pardon my ESL :) Eddie usually appears during more upbeat, uplifting songs or song sections (like in TBOS), not heavy or moody ones. Was there ever Remember tomorrow Eddie or Hallowed Eddie? And by the way, the overt seriousness and lack of lighthearted material is what I miss the most in TXF, AMOLAD etc. Guess also the Maiden hapiness factor is very personal, otherwise Jan wouldn't dance to WTWWB, and to Davey they're all happy :cool:

It's a shame as in an arena under cover of darkness it makes for a spectacular reveal of the church set, but in broad daylight it's just awful. They could have even put a short video on to distract the crowd from the changeover. Like you know, an extended Churchills speech before going into Aces High (at a reasonable tempo)

How would they extend Churchill’s speech?

Here’s my suggestion:

One of the roadies look like one of Bruce's sons. I am fairly certain one of Steve's daughter works in the Killer Krew, wonder if there are any other family members in the crew.
Griffin is a stage carpenter again AFAIK. He was one before and now after SHVPES disbanded, he opened a bakery and became Big Ash's replacement in Killer Krew.

Yeah, following Senjutsu & some posts about Darkest Hour I can see the controversy now. Quite a cynic he was.
I heard he once said something like "We will fight until the last Indian soldier" but I couldn't find that quote. Are you aware of it?
Motherfucker, you made me break my self-imposed rule of not hitting the like button on posts older than a few days at most. Well done, @GhostofCain but I dunno how I missed that one to begin with.

Fair enough to say Churchill was a complicated, multifaceted man, but luckily for all the uninviting comparisons I don't think Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame is quite as bad. Possibly of a similar level in being quite egotistic in choosing Aces High as the last encore (in original tuning, no less!) but hey, at least the colonies are safe this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back