Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're planning an official video release from this tour, I hope they're going to film it properly, because the quality of Live Chapter was clearly inferior to some of their previous ones.

If they're planning an official video release from this tour, I hope they're going to film it properly, because the quality of Live Chapter was clearly inferior to some of their previous ones.
Agreed. The scale and quality of the production on this tour really deserves a big physical release with a nice glossy booklet and lots of bonus behind-the-scenes content!

I'm pretty hopeful for solid turnouts this tour.... The attendance has been pretty consistent the last several tours with a pretty big turnout for TBOS

Percentage is of tickets sold versus what was available for the whole tour....

TBOS tour 93% attendance
ME tour 82% attendance
TFF tour 79% attendance
SBIT tour 81% attendance
AMOLAD tour 90% attendance

Except, crucially, Maiden England in 2012 and 2013, which is a direct mirror of this tour since there was no geographical overlap - they did North America in 2012 and Europe in 2013. Once they returned for more gigs in Europe in 2014 they changed the setlist.

I do not know how many times we are going to have to repeat this! :lol:

I do not know how many times we are going to have to repeat this! :lol:
It's a fair point, but if the new album tidbits thrown out by Steve in that interview are true ("half-finished songs", "ideas for a theme", "we're meeting early next year to work on it") and they record an album in early 2019 , I could see them dropping something for a new song, perhaps Wicker Man.

I could maybe see that and Wicker Man does seem like a good candidate.

The battery got empty just in the middle of HBTN :)

While I like to see this kind of videos during tours, I cannot understand people filming the entire show and losing the whole vibe of the live gig.

I'll be pretty pissed if they drop any songs during this leg; I like the whole setlist, and The Wicker Man is one of my favorite songs!

Well, having heard the full show I am starting to feel that maybe it is time they tried
downtuning.What about that???Anyone?
I dunno, Bruce sounds pretty fantastic to me... still much better than 2012-2014.

The only song I think just does not work for his range anymore is Aces High. I love that tune, but it's time it was retired for good... they've already invested in the inflatable plane though, so that's not happening! I'd much rather have Where Eagles Dare as the opener, and then throw in another punchy song later in the set to make up for it (DWYBO or something)
I've thought for ages that downtuning, as well as maybe slowing a couple of songs down, would make for a better performance from Bruce in particular. I think Lego's right, though, Bruce's voice is better than it was on ME, as well as improved on the TBOS tour performances. I wonder just how long cancer was affecting him before he finally suspected something was up?

Ah, Bristow. A place I've never been to in my life. Still pretty close though. Pennsylvania also seems like a good place, my brother would jump at exploring the city and if the timing's right I could possibly convince the family to get us there.

I've caught them at Bristow for the last 3 tours, so I'd say there's a strong likelihood of them playing there again.

If there's something in the set they're going to replace, it's gonna be the encores. Up until "Iron Maiden" kicks in, there are 2 too specific themes (battlefield and church), so I doubt they'll dare to touch any of those.

If there's something in the set they're going to replace, it's gonna be the encores. Up until "Iron Maiden" kicks in, there are 2 too specific themes (battlefield and church), so I doubt they'll dare to touch any of those.
Except FOTD...

*Crosses fingers*

The battery got empty just in the middle of HBTN :)

While I like to see this kind of videos during tours, I cannot understand people filming the entire show and losing the whole vibe of the live gig.
Theres no money it. I understand before the internet bootleggers would go to shows specifically to film/tape record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back