Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best comparison is Maiden England honestly. The first year was restricted to a single continent much like LOTB. The setlist didn’t change until they made their way around most of the world.

Exactly. According to Bruce, following a robust discussion with Rod at the end of The Final Frontier tour (see Bruce's autobiography), the touring pattern changed so they would not end up having to call it a day too soon.

I bet we would get a rest of the world leg next year with the same setlist, similar to what happened in 2012 and 2013.

For the 2019 setlist, I predict Maiden will switch out 2 songs - 1 deep-cut epic, and 1 classic:

- For the Greater Good of God —> When the Wild Wind Blows; and

- The Evil that Men Do —> Caught Somewhere in Time.

giphy.gif

they'll have months to think about it... they always swapped songs on the prior history tours between legs...
Except, crucially, Maiden England in 2012 and 2013, which is a direct mirror of this tour since there was no geographical overlap - they did North America in 2012 and Europe in 2013. Once they returned for more gigs in Europe in 2014 they changed the setlist.

Well, having heard the full show I am starting to feel that maybe it is time they tried
downtuning.What about that???Anyone?

Except, crucially, Maiden England in 2012 and 2013, which is a direct mirror of this tour since there was no geographical overlap - they did North America in 2012 and Europe in 2013. Once they returned for more gigs in Europe in 2014 they changed the setlist.

they changed Somewhere back in Time set list

Well, having heard the full show I am starting to feel that maybe it is time they tried
downtuning.What about that???Anyone?
I dunno, Bruce sounds pretty fantastic to me... still much better than 2012-2014.

The only song I think just does not work for his range anymore is Aces High. I love that tune, but it's time it was retired for good... they've already invested in the inflatable plane though, so that's not happening! I'd much rather have Where Eagles Dare as the opener, and then throw in another punchy song later in the set to make up for it (DWYBO or something)

For the 2019 setlist, I predict Maiden will switch out 2 songs - 1 deep-cut epic, and 1 classic:

- For the Greater Good of God —> When the Wild Wind Blows; and

- The Evil that Men Do —> Caught Somewhere in Time.

The theme of this tour is clearly religion. They won’t cut a religious tune and a morality tune in favor of old people suicides and time travel.

The theme of this tour is clearly religion. They won’t cut a religious tune and a morality tune in favor of old people suicides and time travel.
Agree with that for FTGGOG.

However, the encores have no theme and I think if they switch anything, it'll be TETMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back