Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, having heard the full show I am starting to feel that maybe it is time they tried
downtuning.What about that???Anyone?
If they’re doing a new album and want to stay somewhat relevant, I think they *really* have to change something now. The parts that sound the best and most honest on the current tour are the calm parts in SOTC and FTGGOG, while the loud mish-mash is starting to sound a bit pointless imo.
As I’ve said before, them going heavier and slower, more sabbathy and doomy incl. downtune could work very well now.

If they’re doing a new album and want to stay somewhat relevant, I think they *really* have to change something now.

The issue here is that we're dealing with Steve Harris. This is a guy who has a rusty bass rig and a battered 40 year old bass because he literally refuses to change even that. If he didn't detune for Blaze and was skeptical about doing it on BoS I don't think we're gonna see any big time changes in the future

But they did successfully try out downtuning on BOS. And Steve is a ‘gut feeling’ guy, perhaps he can feel it too: they’re more effective when they’re ‘vibe-y’ than when they’re just fast and loud (and muddy) — IMO.

But they did successfully try out downtuning on BOS. And Steve is a ‘gut feeling’ guy, perhaps he can feel it too: they’re more effective when they’re ‘vibe-y’ than when they’re just fast and loud (and muddy).

Very true, perhaps the next album will be more lenient on experimentation because of how it worked out on BoS, Steve may have liked it after all ‍♂️

Talking of detuning, did the band detune when playing originally detuned songs live on the BoS tour? Steve used his single bass all the way through so I'm curious

But they did successfully try out downtuning on BOS. And Steve is a ‘gut feeling’ guy, perhaps he can feel it too: they’re more effective when they’re ‘vibe-y’ than when they’re just fast and loud (and muddy) — IMO.

Well, drop D isn't exactly downtuning IMO. Downtuning would be Eb standard or so... It's just a flavour.

It was also only Jan and H.

I bet Steve didn’t detune

He didn’t detune when the others did for mother of mercy

Well this is the thing. When H is improvising it is almost always something great while Jan is just ruining the song.

Last edited:
The issue here is that we're dealing with Steve Harris. This is a guy who has a rusty bass rig and a battered 40 year old bass because he literally refuses to change even that. If he didn't detune for Blaze and was skeptical about doing it on BoS I don't think we're gonna see any big time changes in the future
After cancer scare with Bruce and current tour setlist I think that Steve may agree to some new things.

Time to make that country/western album.

I actually would be interested to hear a full-on acoustic album by the band, but definitely not if they kept the song lengths - one Journeyman is more than enough. Also, 'Arry probably couldn't hear it anyway, so it's not likely, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back