Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knowwww, I was carting my brother around and he insisted on stopping by some friend's place in Humboldt Park- then I had to do my usual First To The Barrier wait-outside-the-venue-in-shit-weather-for-five-hours ritual. Next time I do a seated ticket, I'll come to the pre-show hangs :)
There's also post-show hangs.

Bit soon for that, isn't it? The tour's only been going for a couple of weeks.

But anyway, Wicker Man could probably be dropped without too many eyebrows being raised
I love it, but it does seem a bit throwaway/out of place in the set. Not super strong visual imagery in the stage set for that song, and the lyrics aren't particularly within the "worlds" of the show. I could see them throwing in another Seventh Son song here, perhaps Clairvoyant.

I love it, but it does seem a bit throwaway/out of place in the set. Not super strong visual imagery in the stage set for that song, and the lyrics aren't particularly within the "worlds" of the show. I could see them throwing in another Seventh Son song here, perhaps Clairvoyant.

I would argue pagan religion fits the set like a glove.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it stays the same! (Unless they drop Aces High for Caught Somewhere In Time, or FOTD for Alexander... :p ) but statistically, they are likely to change something.

Maiden don’t seem to heavily change the set lists between legs unless they’re revisiting territories they played already. That presumably won’t be the case next year. So I disagree that they will statistically change something.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it stays the same! (Unless they drop Aces High for Caught Somewhere In Time, or FOTD for Alexander... :p ) but statistically, they are likely to change something.

Why? They did not change a single thing from 2012 to 2013...

All times they were revisiting territories that they played on previous legs.

Not only that but the timing of the tour was odd since it started before the album came out. Even setting aside that they played much of the same places in Europe, it should be seen as an outlier.

Best comparison is Maiden England honestly. The first year was restricted to a single continent much like LOTB. The setlist didn’t change until they made their way around most of the world.

Asking for a friend myself: how close do Maiden typically come to Virginia when touring the US?

Ah, Bristow. A place I've never been to in my life. Still pretty close though. Pennsylvania also seems like a good place, my brother would jump at exploring the city and if the timing's right I could possibly convince the family to get us there.

I think with that inflatable plane (which is majestic) Aces High is not going anywhere... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back