Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for 12 years you liked Steve, for the last 26 years you have not....okay...what are your thoughts on the Reunion Era, as a whole?

I think FTTGOG is the weakest part of the setlist.

I like the song, and I'm excited to see it live, but there are so many other songs on A Matter of Life and Death I like more than this one. FTGGOG is near the bottom for me on the album.

But I don't think they'll change it. I don't know what they'd replace it for, and if they went with The Red and the Black for two years in a row (which almost universally had low crowd reaction), then I'm sure they'll keep FTGGOG in. That's assuming they even replace songs because of crowd reaction, which I just don't see Maiden doing.

Last edited:
Clansman and Sign of the Cross will be the biggest treats for me this tour, but I'm scared to death they'll replace at least one of these for the second leg. I really hope they keep the setlist exactly the same for next year.

36894712_486165525169694_4944324986325172224_n.jpg

Hey Dennis! I had a hair transplant and you didn't. Peace out.

I agree. It is likeable but so repetitive and it is harmed by a poor intro (other recent good, long songs such as "The Book of Souls" and "The Red and the Black" also suffer from this latter problem).

Crazy. I absolutely love those intros, and the FTGGOG intro has what is probably my favourite vocal performance of Bruce's...

But I don't think they'll change it. I don't know what they'd replace it for, and if they went with The Red and the Black for two years in a row (which almost universally had low crowd reaction), then I'm sure they'll keep FTGGOG in. That's assuming they even replace songs because of crowd reaction, which I just don't see Maiden doing.

Exactly... how is the crowd reaction in FTGGOG any different from the reaction in The Red and The Black? Or even in SOTC? I think the low reaction becomes more evident in FTGGOG only because Bruce asks for crowd participation. FTGGOG is also the centerpiece of the religion theme so I don't think they will take the song out of the setlist. I surely hope not.

Just to chip in, I love For the Greater Good of God. It may be repetitive, but it's such a powerful piece of music - how anyone could hear the instrumental middle section without getting chills is beyond me. I think the somewhat lukewarm reaction to it so far is probably just audience unfamiliarity, Maiden haven't played the song for over ten years after all.

Never thought I'd hear anything from AMOLAD (my third favourite album) live, so I was so pleased to hear Maiden were playing one of my favourite songs from it, if they drop it I'll be devastated.

FTGGOG really comes to life live during this tour. I’m continuously blow away by the videos of it I’ve seen.

They play four songs from POM, so I was wondering- is it because POM is maybe the only album from the classic era that's among top 5 to all the band members? Just guessing, considering that IM and TNOTB were the only classic records that had 2 or 3 songs on some previous setlists.

Seventh son had it's own history tour back in 2012-2014 , while POM was part of the Early days tour 2005, where songs from IM and Killers dominated.

Seventh son had it's own history tour back in 2012-2014 , while POM was part of the Early days tour 2005, where songs from IM and Killers dominated.
Yes, and they're probably playing more songs from POM now because very few were played in the last few years. Nothing to do with the band's Top 5, as you mentioned. Like I said, if that were the case, we would be seeing a lot more Seventh Son songs, since it is known to be much loved by the entire band.

I think FTTGOG is the weakest part of the setlist.

I like the song, and I'm excited to see it live, but there are so many other songs on A Matter of Life and Death I like more than this one. FTGGOG is near the bottom for me on the album.

I think that and Tears Of A Clown had low crowd reaction during the first leg of TBOS tour, but they played it 72 times ! Well, for the second leg they replaced it with another new song, but in this case FTGGOG can be replaced by a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back