Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's nowhere near as emotional as Bruce. It's easy to sound great when you stand rooted to the spot singing every song with the same voice without trying to show your emotions - that's what I personally never liked about Dio, though his voice is very strong, but opera singers for instance have much more powerful voices, but the same lack of emotions is a big minus.
Dio was very bluesy sometimes (e.g. Mistreated). Bruce more emotional? I don’t know.
But Gillan, Bruce and Dio would be the real Trinity Of Souls imo.

Guys, what about Alexander The Great? You think it's a cool song? You think one day they will play it? Let me see your thoughts.
@Black Wizard will fill you on that one...
@Shavasku you are welcome to see my thoughts on this one:

emptyhead.gif

Guys, what about Alexander The Great? You think it's a cool song? You think one day they will play it? Let me see your thoughts.
wow, seems like a good idea!
Alexander is overrated. I wanna see WTWWB come back.
the point is that it will be one among many if the band plays it once. As far as I see, nobody says ATG is their all time favorite. Leaving aside the rarity talk, I bet most of us would say that SOTC is a better one. Many of us, like me, would prefer FTGGOG over it, or some others in the set. That said, it is just this great rarity that should be played at one point.

I feel as though FTGGOG will be replaced with something else next year and I think that will be the only change. But with what though???

I think Dance of Death makes sense, or Heaven Can Wait is probably the most likely.

I'm thinking Heaven Can Wait, I hope I'm wrong though and the set stays exactly the same.

As far as I see, nobody says ATG is their all time favorite. Leaving aside the rarity talk, I bet most of us would say that SOTC is a better one. Many of us, like me, would prefer FTGGOG over it, or some others in the set.
Nope, I think ATG is better than both the other songs you mentioned and likely in my Top 10.

Nope, I think ATG is better than both the other songs you mentioned and likely in my Top 10.
This. "Alex" is my #6 favorite Maiden song, and I definitely rank it higher than "FTGGOG", which isn't even in my Top 10. I've been on a "Sign of the Cross" kick since this tour kicked off, so it climbed up to #4 just recently, but for a long time I ranked "Alex" much higher.

This. "Alex" is my #6 favorite Maiden song, and I definitely rank it higher than "FTGGOG", which isn't even in my Top 10. I've been on a "Sign of the Cross" kick since this tour kicked off, so it climbed up to #4 just recently, but for a long time I ranked "Alex" much higher.
Opposite for me, SOTC has been higher for me for the longest time but thanks to my discography listens I think ATG has climbed up above it for me.

I feel as though FTGGOG will be replaced with something else next year and I think that will be the only change. But with what though???

I think Dance of Death makes sense, or Heaven Can Wait is probably the most likely.

Thinking the same. Either greater good or sotc. And maybe Breege replacing greater good? Would love DOD to show up though, good call...

I honestly hope that FTGGOG won't be dropped. If there is a concept to be followed, what song with similar duration could replace it? No more lies? (if it's really about The Last Supper)

Read the first 100 pages of this thread. All your questions will be answered.

Bruce's perfomance of FTGGOG is awesome, much better than the studio version. I don't want it to be dropped.
All in all Maidens gigs are top notch. I watched Helloween and Judas Priest this year, they are nowhere near Maiden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back