Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I will repeat it again: that is not the Alexander the Great Eddie, it is the Legacy of the Beast Edward the Great Eddie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi7vzGIjbMt/?taken-by=ironmaidenlotb

It probably was replaced because the bass drum looks much better with the glass panel alone.

What you call the SIT Eddie was, if I am not mistaken, from the cover of the Somewhere Back in Time compilation, which included just 1 song off SIT.

Number 6, Naty, Lego and 2 others like this.
  2. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. GroundZero

GroundZero Educated Fool

What Nicko said about Alexander The Great - could he be confusing the song with The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner? It's also a song they played only once (Belgrade, 1986) and dropped it forever since

4. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

He's confusing the fact that they played it once, but he's mentioned a few times over the years (as has Bruce in 1986) that they did actually rehearse Alexander The Great. So in that part, Nicko's correct.

5. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

I thought you were avoiding spoilers until August @Lego?

6. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Oh I was. That lasted about a week :D

Black Bart likes this.
  7. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

There are many tribute bands that have covered ATG. I am fine with that. There are so many great songs that they never touched live. I am Greek, I live in Macedonia next to Vergina. The places were Filippos and Alexander were born and raised. If I am ok with never hearing ATG live I guess most people would also be too. And to be honest with all the controversy around the naming I would expect Maiden to never be involved. They payed their tribute to Greece for this tour with Flight of Icarus.

8. Black Wizard

@Gk1 what are your thoughts on the new name of your northern neighbour?

9. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

Well just read somewhere that our neighbors are not willing to sign the new name agreement. I never touched this matter in this forum before I choose not to do it still :nonono:

10. Black Wizard

Probably a clever thing to do! :lol:

11. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

Let's just say that I attended the rally in Thessaloníki in 1992 :innocent:

stjerky, Collin and Black Wizard like this.
  12. Black Wizard

13. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

I actually think it looks better with the Edward The Great Eddie - on the other hand, the glass panel looks magical as a backdrop during Revelations... :)

14. Kalata

I would have been very happy to see Paschendale to be played on the current tour - a lot of songs from POM are being played, so a change is possible o_O

Or they can add another song from '83 like To Tame A Land - I will always regret, that they did not play it on the Early Days tour !

15. Meliegree

Meliegree Be yourself unless you can be like H.

I love ftggog but I think that Paschendale would work better in this set list.

16. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

No, they didn't have Norwegian black metal back then.
    Ok, they did, but in a very primitive form.

17. ErichZann

ErichZann Invader

Would love to see Paschendale in the set, Die With Your Boots On would also work.

18. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

:lol::lol::lol:

19. Kalata

Even Eddie has bought a tour shirt (Nicko have the same one on the current tour - and he not wear Maiden T-shirts so often. Good choice Eddie !)... :D

Dfk8mk1UEAAEaxM.jpg

20. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Icarus/Revelations shirt is better, but has no tour dates on it.

Oh well...

Also: 35 euros for a T shirt? Eddie Ripped Off Tour 2018 confirmed.

Murder89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.