Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles ahead of World Slavery Tour.
Purely performancewise, yes. But I still maintain that they never again beat, or even achieved the energy peak of Live After Death and Beast Over Hammersmith. And that's why I hold both albums (LAD even a bit more than BOH) much higher than anything they released, or any tour after those.

Purely performancewise, yes. But I still maintain that they never again beat, or even achieved the energy peak of Live After Death and Beast Over Hammersmith. And that's why I hold both albums (LAD even a bit more than BOH) much higher than anything they released, or any tour after those.
Energy yes. They were younger, so that's understandable. But Bruce's singing is very poor on LAD. Beast Over Hammersmith is much better in that regard.

Still, if there was an official Live At Ullevi 2005 DVD, that would probably be my favourite one. That concert was just perfect.

I never understood all these claims that Bruce's singing was poor during most of the '80s. While I do agree that he's better now than he was before, I don't think he ever sounded truly bad. I'd take Bruce's singing on LAD over many studio performances by other artistis - and I don't mean that because I'm a fan, I mean that I honestly don't think he ever sounded actually bad, or even average. To me, those claims are insane.

LAD would be great if Bruce could actually sing. LOTB is the best he's sounded ever live.

they have a history of recording live albums late into the tour instead of when they are all fresh.... not sure why. LAD was towards the end of the world slavery tour, Maiden England was towards the end of the Seventh tour of a seventh tour and rock in rio was the last show of BNW tour but I understand that one, massive crowd (250,000) with power and energy

they have a history of recording live albums late into the tour instead of when they are all fresh.... not sure why. LAD was towards the end of the world slavery tour, Maiden England was towards the end of the Seventh tour of a seventh tour and rock in rio was the last show of BNW tour but I understand that one, massive crowd (250,000) with power and energy

The obvious exceptions being Flight 666 and Live Chapter. But yeah, it does seem an odd way of doing things

Plus the unreleased Donington 2007 concert, which also was recorded by the end of the A Matter of the Beast tour.

The obvious exceptions being Flight 666 and Live Chapter. But yeah, it does seem an odd way of doing things

I wouldn't say that Live Chapter is an exception, because most of the songs recorded were not exactly on the beginning of the tour (when Bruce was singing much better). Oh, and Death On The Road was recorded when Bruce was kinda ill, right?

But yes, the fact that they record stuff by the end of the tour also makes me mad. Let's hope they do it the other way this time, because Bruce is not young anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back