Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with them dropping TNOTB and RTTH permanently, but FOTD and Hallowed need to stay in every setlist.

@Shavasku , I'm not going to comment "haters" thing, before you commit to this taking a side thing please note that unlike us (The Haters), the very guy who wrote the song doesn't like it at all. Go and troll Steve Harris then not us.

Here's my extremely improved, fixed and perfected Legacy of the Beast setlist:

1. Aces High
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2MTM
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
6. Revelations
7. FTGGOG
8. The Wicker Man
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus
11. FotD
12. NOTB
13. IM
---
14. TETMD
15. Hallowed
16. RTTH

A controversial suggestion, I realize. But I do think this would really be it, the ultimate Maiden setlist.

Swap TETMD with If Eternity Should Fail, and get the best ever Maiden opening for the encore.

TBOS tour really had a great opening, with IESF + SOL, even though I am not a big fan of the latter.

The backdrop that Maiden use for The Clansman on the current tour - the Eddie on it, is similar to TBOS Eddie's face, maybe they have considered to play the song on the previous tour :p Anyway, I think with the current performance of The Clansman I start to like even more this song...

And FOI sounds more epic than ever, because it has not been overplayed through the years - one of the best backdrops with the inflatable Icarus !

Last edited:
I'll tell you what. I am really happy that you people can mix old and new songs with no problem at all. Meaning that you can enjoy the new "epics" as much as the old ones. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. At least to my eyes and ears the new songs are way too boring, simple and uninspired. Having said that I also admit that SOTC works really well live although I absolutely hated the studio version. Anyhow, I thing that the songs form Piece of mind sane the set this time around....at least for me.

I'll tell you what. I am really happy that you people can mix old and new songs with no problem at all. Meaning that you can enjoy the new "epics" as much as the old ones. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. At least to my eyes and ears the new songs are way too boring, simple and uninspired. Having said that I also admit that SOTC works really well live although I absolutely hated the studio version. Anyhow, I thing that the songs form Piece of mind sane the set this time around....at least for me.
I can understand boring or uninspired, but simple?

41ujzwxygr311.jpg

Or Montségur. Which would have kicked all kinds of asses live.

But my memory fails me at the moment - do they have any other medieval-tinged songs? ('cause the artwork looks more medieval than classical age to me)

For all you unbelievers... ATG is a masterpiece (with amazing solos) and that's why so many people want the song to be played live ! One of Maiden's best epics....

Iron Maiden (the song) is an anthem of the band and it has been on every setlist - the appearance of Eddie during the song, is always a highlight (though, the song should have a solo on it)

Last edited:
I can't believe Bruce sounds so good on HBTN. He didn't sound that great even in early 80s - he screamed the chorus instead of singing it, and now he sings it hitting every note. Unbelievable! He's a monster!

IDK, there have been some really strange artwork changes made in the last minute.

That bass drum head, the church windws, Rod's "mistake" about mosquito...

Strange.

I can understand boring or uninspired, but simple?

Well, if for example check the structure of The Clansman I think it is quite obvious that the song is simple as hell. This is not necessarily a problem...but once you stretch it to 9+ minutes it is fairly obvious IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back