Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that Eddie is ATG Eddie, but something is strange about these last minute changes. If it's Edward the great Eddie why change it? Why did they change SIT Eddie in the last minute? Why did they give us that BS story about Rod and mosquito?

I am not saying that it was ATG for sure, I'm just saying that something is fishy about this.

I will repeat it again: that is not the Alexander the Great Eddie, it is the Legacy of the Beast Edward the Great Eddie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi7vzGIjbMt/?taken-by=ironmaidenlotb

It probably was replaced because the bass drum looks much better with the glass panel alone.

What you call the SIT Eddie was, if I am not mistaken, from the cover of the Somewhere Back in Time compilation, which included just 1 song off SIT.

What Nicko said about Alexander The Great - could he be confusing the song with The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner? It's also a song they played only once (Belgrade, 1986) and dropped it forever since

What Nicko said about Alexander The Great - could he be confusing the song with The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner? It's also a song they played only once (Belgrade, 1986) and dropped it forever since
He's confusing the fact that they played it once, but he's mentioned a few times over the years (as has Bruce in 1986) that they did actually rehearse Alexander The Great. So in that part, Nicko's correct.

There are many tribute bands that have covered ATG. I am fine with that. There are so many great songs that they never touched live. I am Greek, I live in Macedonia next to Vergina. The places were Filippos and Alexander were born and raised. If I am ok with never hearing ATG live I guess most people would also be too. And to be honest with all the controversy around the naming I would expect Maiden to never be involved. They payed their tribute to Greece for this tour with Flight of Icarus.

@Gk1 what are your thoughts on the new name of your northern neighbour?
Well just read somewhere that our neighbors are not willing to sign the new name agreement. I never touched this matter in this forum before I choose not to do it still :nonono:

It probably was replaced because the bass drum looks much better with the glass panel alone.

I actually think it looks better with the Edward The Great Eddie - on the other hand, the glass panel looks magical as a backdrop during Revelations... :)

I would have been very happy to see Paschendale to be played on the current tour - a lot of songs from POM are being played, so a change is possible o_O

Or they can add another song from '83 like To Tame A Land - I will always regret, that they did not play it on the Early Days tour !

:facepalm:, I even don't know what to say ! Maybe this: The apogee/best years/heyday of the heavy metal and rock music was in the 1980's !
No, they didn't have Norwegian black metal back then.
Ok, they did, but in a very primitive form.

Even Eddie has bought a tour shirt (Nicko have the same one on the current tour - and he not wear Maiden T-shirts so often. Good choice Eddie !)... :D

Dfk8mk1UEAAEaxM.jpg

Icarus/Revelations shirt is better, but has no tour dates on it.

Oh well...

Also: 35 euros for a T shirt? Eddie Ripped Off Tour 2018 confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back