10. Flight of Icarus
11. FotD
12. NOTB
13. IM
---
14. TETMD
15. Hallowed
16. RTTH

A controversial suggestion, I realize. But I do think this would really be it, the ultimate Maiden setlist.

That is a fantastic setlist, with a nice combination of deep cuts, classics, and great (relatively) recent songs. Well done!

Well, were you to compare, for example, Fugitive and Starblind, you might see the simplicity creeping in over the years… :innocent:

Well even Starblind consists of two different tempos for over 7 minutes worth of music....now go back a couple of years and bring e.g To tame a land in mind. :)

On the other hand, while I don't say you can't enjoy the classics, but does anyone look forward to IM in the setlist? Really?
Well...I can't really say I look forward to it as it signals the end of the set, right? lol
But the way the song is structured it is the perfect for the appearance of the "big" Eddie, plus the title is the band's namesake. It's a good song to say "Good Night" with. Yeah, I've heard it a million times - but I still like it!
What other short rocker would be a good one for Eddie and to end the set with you think?

Well even Starblind consists of two different tempos for over 7 minutes worth of music....now go back a couple of years and bring e.g To tame a land in mind. :)

I would argue that the time-signature in Starblind is way more complicated than in To Tame a Land...

41ujzwxygr311.jpg

Well, that would have been better than the church artwork on the drums ! It could be for ATG, I dunno, but that Edward The Great Eddie is amazing.

btw, why you use spoilers :confused:

I would argue that the time-signature in Starblind is way more complicated than in To Tame a Land...

Could be Ghost but it is so damn repetitive and never ending through out the song! I think you gotta give me that :)

Here's my extremely improved, fixed and perfected Legacy of the Beast setlist:

1. Aces High
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2MTM
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
6. Revelations
7. FTGGOG
8. The Wicker Man
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus
11. FotD
12. NOTB
13. IM
---
14. TETMD
15. Hallowed
16. RTTH

A controversial suggestion, I realize. But I do think this would really be it, the ultimate Maiden setlist.
Wow! I love your setlist but I seriously doubt Maiden would ever do this....

Here's my extremely improved, fixed and perfected Legacy of the Beast setlist:

1. Aces High
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2MTM
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
6. Revelations
7. FTGGOG
8. The Wicker Man
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus
11. FotD
12. NOTB
13. IM
---
14. TETMD
15. Hallowed
16. RTTH

Great set. You missed off AtG though...

So, what replaced ATG if they did plan to play it? There are only a few candidates:

Aces, WED, Clansman, Trooper, Revelations, FTGGOG, SOTC, FOI, TNOTB and RTTH all have too big of a production to be last minute replacements (new backdrops).

2MTM, FOTD and IM were newer going to be dropped.

That leaves: Wicker Man (It's the old backdrop from 2010/11), TETMD and HBTN.

Nope. Starblind is a great song with great lyrics.

Great lyrics? And, pray tell, what is the meaning of those lyrics?

Really, there's nothing great about

"All the oxygen that trapped us in
A carbon spider's web.
Solar winds are whispering, you
May hear the sirens of the dead.
Let the elders to their parley
Meant to satisfy our lust.
Leaving Damocles still hanging
Over all their promised trust."

That's graphomania, all right.

Great lyrics? And, pray tell, what is the meaning of those lyrics?

Really, there's nothing great about

"All the oxygen that trapped us in
A carbon spider's web.
Solar winds are whispering, you
May hear the sirens of the dead.
Let the elders to their parley
Meant to satisfy our lust.
Leaving Damocles still hanging
Over all their promised trust."

That's graphomania, all right.

This might give you some clues:

http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=album15_tff/commentary15_tff&lang=eng&link=albums#track7

Yeah, I read that. But that's very far-fetched interpretation. The lyrics are nonsensical for the most part.

Most of the song meanders between absolutely out-of-the-left-field imagery and quasi-antireligious statements. And it's not even interconnected in any meaningful way. The former more or less fits with Bruce's "let's be poetic" approach that annoys me, because, well, he says nothing in very pretty words and the latter annoys me even more, because this "Outgrown Such Silly Superstitions" and "Religion Is Bad, Humanity Was Wrong All the Time, I Found the Real Truth!" is something that really disappoints me in such a talented and intelligent bloke as Bruce, especially when 1.) it's obvious he knows nothing about actual religion, really and 2.) his stellar accusation is as insane as the song at hand.

He's not using literary allusions (well, yeah, sword of Damocles, but even that's not used in any meaningful way), he doesn't say anything substantial. I'd rather take Epica's antireligion rants, at least they stress some good points and despite they also sometimes remind me of a fifth-grader that stumbled across his first Thesaurus, it rarely obscures their message and the meaning of the song at hand. Or Dylan, who with his jelly-faced women who sneeze while geez, he can't find his knees at least doesn't take himself that seriously. But really, "carbon spider's web"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back