Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if most Maiden fans (hardcore or not) would rank Icarus above Alexander. I'd say it is probably the other way around.

Not in my case.

Flight of Icarus >>>>> Alexander the Great (the song with nice music and lyrics that read as a mix between a cheap GCSE essay and a shopping list).

It seems as if even the writer of the song was not particularly impressed with the final result, as they decided to play Rime of the Ancient Mariner on the tour instead.

Me too. For example Infinite Dreams. Alexander the Great seems become a better and more popular song every tour they don't play it.

Songs that have not been played live for a long time or not played at all that I'd rather see over Alexander the Great:

Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
Still Life
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Stranger in a Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
Be Quick or Be Dead
Montségur
Paschendale
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
The Longest Day

I really think they mean Flight of Icarus. That song was a bit of a hit for them and hasn’t been performed live since the 80s. They are probably expecting a reaction akin to playing Run To the Hills for the first time in 30 years. ATG, on the other hand, is a relative obscure track that only hardcore fans are clamoring for.
Trouble is, most people wouldn’t know that it has been that long since they last played it.

Songs that have not been played live for a long time or not played at all that I'd rather see over Alexander the Great:

Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
Still Life
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Infinite Dreams
Be Quick or Be Dead
Montségur
Paschendale
The Longest Day

Well TTAL is an interesting one for me. I used to like it a lot, but I listened to it recently and I don't like it so much anymore.
One of the reasons why I want them to play Alex is, that middle section would probably be the hardest thing musically that Maiden has ever done on stage. After 40+ years of career. Alex is a musical highlight, not lyrical one.

Anyway, if they play Stranger, Sun And Steel or Alex, I'm gonna go mental on Saturday.

Flight is almost a given.

Well TTAL is an interesting one for me. I used to like it a lot, but I listened to it recently and I don't like it so much anymore.
One of the reasons why I want them to play Alex is, that middle section would probably be the hardest thing musically that Maiden has ever done on stage. After 40+ years of career. Alex is a musical highlight, not lyrical one.

Anyway, if they play Stranger, Sun And Steel or Alex, I'm gonna go mental on Saturday.

I will go mental regardless of what songs they play. After Bruce's cancer scare they are on borrowed time and I am grateful to be able to see them live.

They have never played the setlist I would have chosen myself, but they have always delivered an excellent show. And for that I am extremely thankful. :D

Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
Still Life
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Infinite Dreams
Be Quick or Be Dead
Montségur
Paschendale
The Longest Day
Since I have seen all those songs played live (except Sun and Steel and Montségur, of course) I would like to see ATG...though I am not holding my breath...

Setlist aside, it will be very interesting to see what the stage production is like. Again, here is what it says on Maiden's site:
the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds”
We might finally get a completely different stage design. Or they'll just have the same design but with artwork and backdrops from the LOTB game.

Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
Still Life
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Infinite Dreams
Be Quick or Be Dead
Montségur
Paschendale
The Longest Day

Wholeheartedly agreed

You know what, I wish Iron Maiden would just copy Weird Al's current tour concept!

Iron Maiden's Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour!

...wait, that's already the case. My bad.

Nah, Seventh Son part 2 is, especially with the tempos used in 1988. I seriously think the Donington 1988 (BBC Archives) version has best 4 minutes of live metal ever.

Wait a minute... suddenly I realize that social media madness could also mean that Maiden is planning to be somewhat unpredictable at every concert. Meaning:
Changing the set at every gig.

I know, crazy and highly unlikely for this conservative band. But there is always a chance it could happen. Perhaps this particular tour gave them 25 songs (or something) of which they will choose every night.

Highly unlikely. Apart from their relative rigidity in terms of live songs, as far as I remember, Bruce predicted the social media madness after the first show.

Wait a minute... suddenly I realize that social media madness could also mean that Maiden is planning to be somewhat unpredictable at every concert. Meaning:
Changing the set at every gig.

I know, crazy and highly unlikely for this conservative band. But there is always a chance it could happen. Perhaps this particular tour gave them 25 songs (or something) of which they will choose every night.

This might be the craziest idea issued around here lately :)

I woul be fine if they would rotate something like Wicker Man and BNW in one spot.

But we all know that they will rotate SIASL and Infinite Dreams.

:D

I woul be fine if they would rotate something like Wicker Man and BNW in one spot.

But we all know that they will rotate SIASL and Infinite Dreams.

:D
They should rotate

NOTB/Hills
Evil/Clairvoyant
2MTM/Trooper

That would make things a bit more interesting, and make it possible to do a few more deep cuts.

Social media madness is probably just going to be the endless moaning about the band not playing a personal favourite of the people complaining. Mark my words. :D

Since I will be at Rockwave this year, are there more chances to hear ATG? Even played with a bagpipe, flute or leaf.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back